Recommendation for a power strip and outlet

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
hey,

At the moment my amplifier, preamplifier (Shindo Monbrison & Montile cv391) and the turntable PSU are connected to a generic power strip which connected to a generic outlet.
The rest of the components (PC, router, switch, TV and Dac) are connected to an 'isol-8 axis' with a DC filter that is connected to another generic outlet.

Recently, my preamp suffers from parasitic oscillation noise, it happens once or twice a day for a minute on the right channel and disappears.
I have connected a ferrite magnet on the power cable of the preamp and it seems to have stopped.

I thought about Sine or Oyaide but maybe there are other recommendations.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I will buy the Esprit Volta Ultra.
I have some good information about it.

Reactions: Juiced

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
Wouldn’t an isolation transformer solver this? Plug just the preamp into it.
tried, too much coloration

The power cords provided with the shindo gear are great but lack shielding and suffer from the parasitic oscillation.

So i also need recommendation for power cords with shielding that will be an upgrade from the original ones.

Reactions: Jackl3y

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If you have %2.5k in your couch cushions you might want to consider the iFi Audio power system kit. I am a recent convert to the benefits of clean power. The most notable is dynamics. it allows you to listen at realistic levels without the fatigue associated with excessive noise. IMO YMMV.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
If you have %2.5k in your couch cushions you might want to consider the iFi Audio power system kit. I am a recent convert to the benefits of clean power. The most notable is dynamics. it allows you to listen at realistic levels without the fatigue associated with excessive noise. IMO YMMV.
Thank you for those words, Greg! Indeed, one can't go wrong with our Power System Kit. :)

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Joenies

Feb 18, 2022
Greetings,
I have been using an Audience Forte V8 power strip for the last 3 weeks.
It is very neutral and doesn’t seem to add or subtract from the sound. I’m very pleased so far.
There are so many good outlets to choose from In today’s world. I have been using hospital grade outlets in my system for years. Installed a Furutech GTX NCF outlet for my main amps a few weeks ago. It’s ok.
Joe Nies

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
thank you all,

there are lots of great stuff our there but which one works best with Shindo or Kondo gear in your opnion?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
You can't do much in the way of fixing poor electrical infrastruce with devices. Those devices themselves will never work to their full potential.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
thank you all,

there are lots of great stuff our there but which one works best with Shindo or Kondo gear in your opnion?

To be honest, I have no idea. Theoretically however these electronics should be more impervious to AC HF artifacts because their tube rectifiers don't freak out as much as solid state rectifiers do.

Someone please educated me if this is nothing but regurgitated net bull. I really want to know the truth about this.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
"Thank you, I have been saying this for years.
I HELD THAT VIEW. I WAS WRONG. You can se Michael Fremer is still in denial (See his system video). The "dirt" Iin your electricity can be cleaned up. Better "electrical infrastructure " is good too.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My experience is the polar opposite. Go figure. Maybe a different brand will yield a different result.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
enjoy the music

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing