Recommendation Needed for AMPS to pair with JBL 4350 LF

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Recommendation Needed for AMPS to pair with JBL 4350 LF

Hope everyone is stay safe and healthy.

I currently is running a JBL 4350AWX and the HF is clean, detail and just beautiful , however the LF seems to be lacking clarity and that round glorious bass,
I am currently running a boulder 2060 Class A 600w on it... but I honestly can't say that I am not " FEELING " it ,,, so just want to check in with you guys if
there was experience from the community.

I am planning to use a CROWN XLS 2502 , or a QSC RMX series to see if the higher power will create a better control over the dual 15" woofers on each speaker.

Thank you for any advice !

JK

olivier

VIP/Donor
Nov 27, 2016
Munich
i don´t think that a PA amp would be as good as a 2060
i tested a xti 4002 and apart from power there was nothing like a good audiophile amp i like. too slow, too less resolution...and watch out the fans, they can be too loud. with the xti 4002 there is no problem, they are off most of the time, but i had a Lab Gruppen FP7000 and these are incredibly loud
perhaps soulution is a solution for your problem. they are fast and have a great damping factor

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I had tried Crown Xls 2502 with Raal Sr1a headphone which is power hungry.

It sounds clean and fast.

Now I am using two of them bridged to drive my two 18 inch Scaena subwoofers.

You may try it with only 650$.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Try Ashly for an old-school pa amp...much more stable than xls....

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Or a pre class d MC2 amp...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing