Record Flattener

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
What are your suggestions for a Record Flattener?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Orb works wonders.

I‘m sure they are good, but from what I understand it isn't for 180 g records. Is this your experience?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I‘m sure they are good, but from what I understand it isn't for 180 g records. Is this your experience?

Works fine for 180g in my experience. I’ve probably flattened 100 records. Not every record will flatten fully and in some cases the album may be damaged (happened twice to me) but I think if the Orb can’t do it then probably nothing can.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Many thanks.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I think the Air Tight and the Orb are the same machine. I had an Air Tight and flattened well over 1000 records, almost all dish warps. After I sold my collection, I sold the Air Tight to a friend. Larry

Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing