Refreshing: The Honesty Audiophiles Have

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I find this extremely remarkable and refreshing, the honesty that audiophiles have. I met a member here on WBF, go's by divertiti. I don't know this cat from Adam nor does he know me. He has a cable I'm interested in and I have one he is interested in. A few emails, pleasant phone conversation, he ships me his cable (arrived today) and I shipped mine, he will have his today. What a pleasure that a group with such a similar minded passionate interest, has such trust in each other. Not typical in the real world...John

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
always nice to have a great trading experience. Which cable did you get? Do you like it better?

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Actually a pair of jumpers for JA Pearl 20/20's, I had a Furutech PC. Too soon to tell, at this level incremental SQ improvements are not huge. You get nice people involved and things go so much smoother...John

Reactions: Pokey77

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Makes sense. Divertiti is addicted to power cords. :)

John T

Feb 15, 2022
That is so irrelevant to the point I was attempting to make...

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Agreed.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Sbnx: What's your take on Gryphon's new pre, Commander? Have you heard any info on it? I also have a Mephisto with the Pandora, hence my curiosity...John

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I saw it at Axpona. It is certainly big and It looks really cool. I have not heard it.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
It does look cool! A much more substantial presence than the Pandora, however I really can't complain about the Pandora. Supposedly 10X quieter than Pandora? Curious as to how the Commander would elevate things with the Mephisto?

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
I find this extremely remarkable and refreshing, the honesty that audiophiles have. I met a member here on WBF, go's by divertiti. I don't know this cat from Adam nor does he know me. He has a cable I'm interested in and I have one he is interested in. A few emails, pleasant phone conversation, he ships me his cable (arrived today) and I shipped mine, he will have his today. What a pleasure that a group with such a similar minded passionate interest, has such trust in each other. Not typical in the real world...John
Late to the party here, but definitely echo John's sentiment. It was a very easy exchange of both ideas and gear with a fellow audiophile. Really love this supportive community here. I think our shared insanity connects us all.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Hi Ray, Well Said! "I think our shared insanity connects us all" It is a unique, like minded group. I also agree it is a truly rare supportive community. I seriously doubt if stamp collectors, coin collectors, or other passionate hobbyists have the same trust in each other. I keep saying I'm going to write a piece about audiophile's insanity and deep rooted combined passionate interest...John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing