Repairing mbl finish scratches?

COF

Sep 29, 2017
Hi folks,

I long dreamed of owning MBL 101s but they have been financially out of reach. Fortunately, a few years ago, I happened upon a pair of MBL 121 monitors for sale. They had been damaged in shipping so I got an amazing deal
on the little guys. I LOVE their sound as they really do give a nice helping of that MBL magic - and they are tonally gorgeous driven even by me "meagre" Conrad Johnson Premier 12 amps (I have a smallish room and don't listen very loud).

Anyway, they do have some nicks and a few deep scratches I'd love repaired. Given the hard glossy finish on MBLs, how might I get those touched up? I'm wondering if my best bet is to take them to a place that does car finish touch ups or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

COF

Sep 29, 2017
Bump.

I guess this is the wrong forum to ask this question. Not much traffic. I'll try somewhere else as well.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Why not call Jeremy at MBL and ask him directly?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's scary to give a recommendation because we don't know how MBLs are finished. Automotive paints and lacquers are fixed differently AFAIK. Best to ask MBL to be safe?

COF

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, that makes sense. (I should have thought of that).

I'll get in touch with MBL.

Thanks for the replies!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing