Reviews

Jul 9, 2018
A very informative review of the Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 and original Sonore Signature Rendu.
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...all-green-computer-and-signature-series-rendu

My favorite quotes:
The STi5 arrived first. I loaded my digital music library (about 500 GB) onto it without difficulty. Then I compared the STi5 to my 2017 MacBook Pro as a file server, using the Chord Mojo DAC for both. I can't remember exactly how I hooked up the STi5 for this comparison; but it was one of those situations where the improvement was so immediately obvious that I didn't spend much time on it, and haven't looked back. My remaining impression is one of a more stable, solid and clean sound using the STi5.

DAC manufacturers tend to overstate the independence of their DACs from the quality of upstream components; and my upgrade strongly confirmed this belief. Not to put too fine a point on it, my DAC sounds at least twice as good as it did before I inserted the SGC server and Sonore renderer. I was puzzled by the brief but rather sweeping character of some SGC and Sonore reviews, until I reached the same conclusion: my system was now producing the best sound I'd ever heard at home.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing