REW measurement opinions ?

germinal

Nov 5, 2021
Hello there,

anyone familiar with REW ?

I'm a noob and wanted to know what someone with experience could tell me from the measurement I took... more specifically what room treatment would be most useful?

Kind regards
Nick

PS This is a single measurement from the seating position (L+R channel)

The actual measurement can be found here..

Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Hello there,

anyone familiar with REW ?

I'm a noob and wanted to know what someone with experience could tell me from the measurement I took... more specifically what room treatment would be most useful?

Kind regards
Nick

PS This is a single measurement from the seating position (L+R channel)

The actual measurement can be found here..

FYI: https://realtraps.com/art_measuring.htm

While there are tips on using REW in this article I find it interesting that the author (founder of RealTraps) also said this:

"....Many people believe that room measuring is needed to know how to approach treating a room, to determine the number and placement of bass traps, mid/high frequency absorbers, and diffusors. But in most cases you can treat a room effectively without measuring at all....".

From what I've seen measurements alone can't tell you specifically which room treatments to use, or exactly where to place them, and can't predict the outcome. There will always be an element of experimentation involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony22

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing