RMAF 2012 - who's going?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Might as well get this thread started here :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
you were reading my mind as I was going to start this today as well

I'm in

I am also wanting to have a get together dinner with members as we did last year

So please tell us as well if you want to attend dinner either Friday or Saturday evening and how many in your party

I think last year we must have had almost 20 at dinner

Where is everyone staying. I stayed across the street last year. Great room and far less noisey than at the convention hotel

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'm going. I'm also staying nearby, at the Hyatt Regency.
Dinner would be great, either date is fine.

alexandre

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I plan to attend but don't let that stop your attending..

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I'm game. I just got my tickets. Staying at the Hyatt this time. I'll be there all 3 days. Some people may only be able to attend Sat/Sun. Sat is probably a better night to get together. I'm by myself this time but may have a friend or two that are not on this forum that may want to come along for dinner.

Sean

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I will be there. I have booked my room and airline tickets. I will be staying at the Marriott hotel where the show is. I'm fine with dinner on either night.

Last edited:

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm at the Hilton, either night is fine.

Steve Williams

I'm at the Hilton as well. Much quieter than across the street

Last year was difficult to find a restaurant with a big enough banquet room for a large party but where we ended up was darn good

Could people specify exactly how many are coming for dinner

I would vote for Saturday as well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'm at the Hilton as well. Much quieter than across the street

Last year was difficult to find a restaurant with a big enough banquet room for a large party but where we ended up was darn good

Could people specify exactly how many are coming for dinner

I would vote for Saturday as well.

Heidi and I are coming. We're staying the Marriot Tech Ctr. Being that they'll be some sort of press get togethers both nights, neither is good. But I can make Friday or Saturday :)

Steve Williams

I thought where we ate last year was very good. Their banquet room could hold 20-24 at best and by rough calculations we are approaching that all ready so we should figure out how many we want a room for. Even with the 20 or so we had last year it was impossible to carry out conversations with other than the people beside and in front of you.

Type of food should be decided s well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I thought where we ate last year was very good. Their banquet room could hold 20-24 at best and by rough calculations we are approaching that all ready so we should figure out how many we want a room for. Even with the 20 or so we had last year it was impossible to carry out conversations with other than the people beside and in front of you.

Type of food should be decided s well.

Maybe what we can do this time is have a 30 min pay bar before dinner so everyone can meet and greet?

Name tags are corny but they work!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I will be a party of one.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Maybe what we can do this time is have a 30 min pay bar before dinner so everyone can meet and greet?

Name tags are corny but they work!

Won't we all have name tags anyway :) I also have a friend coming.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing