Rokit 8 powered Subwoofer to Denon surround sound receiver subwoofer Pre-out

Dgriff7070

May 27, 2020
Wondering if I could make my Rokit speaker work efficiently as the subwoofer in my surround sound system. My Rokit speaker only has 1 unbalanced rca input. The only other connections on the sub are single inputs for an xlr cable and a trs jack.. On my Denon surround sound I have one input jack for subwoofer pre-out. When I connect the single rca straight from the receiver to the subwoofer, I get a straight solid bass tone that can't be controlled. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong, im not sure if a Y Jack would or would not do the trick.. If there is anyone out there that can type a quick hand I would greatly appreciate it!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_165430.jpg
    IMG_20200527_165430.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200527_165506.jpg
    IMG_20200527_165506.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 5

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Are trying to scuffle the grazing of the country club gents with weeds rather than groomed lawns?

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
@Dgriff7070 the high-end audio enthusiast crowd that populates this particular site probably couldn't even advise you. Their experience is with gear at the opposite end of the spectum from that which you own. The average participant here would have $50-100,000+ in gear and not a single one would own an AV receiver like your Onkyo. They simply will have no familiarity with the gear you are asking about. You would be much better served joining the AVSforums or possibly Audioholics where enthusiasts that are still in the beginning stages of this addiction tend to congregate.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Griff the LFE output of the amp's low pass filter might be lower than the rockit ca handle. If that is the case the speaker is mechanically rolling off and you would get it bottoming out into that one note. You could scavenge the woofer but you miight need a new enclosure to increase extension for it to work better as a sub woofer,

Well, that or the interconnect or one of the connections is grounded, did you try the RCA in with a normal signal?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing