S sub

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I am so glad I am not a bass hole. :)

James63

Aug 7, 2013
I want a pair real bad. But 15k is a bit much for me once I buy two and I "need" two lol.

I wish they would tell more about how they hook up. Maybe provide a manual. It does not look like they have any external volume or crossover knobs but I could be wrong.

I assume they high pass between the pre and amp. As this is the most important part of a subwoofer. The best sub in the world will suck with poor setup options.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Pricing is the same as (or very close to) JL Audio Gotham ... Will these truly measure-up? Serious competition there

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
Hi

Pricing is the same as (or very close to) JL Audio Gotham ... Will these truly measure-up? Serious competition there

With subs, it is all about the enclosure. If this S-sub, is built like the S5, and is anything near the Q-Sub performance, the JL will not measure up. Now I have to wonder, S5 and S-Sub, or S7...

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
I want a pair real bad. But 15k is a bit much for me once I buy two and I "need" two lol.

I wish they would tell more about how they hook up. Maybe provide a manual. It does not look like they have any external volume or crossover knobs but I could be wrong.

I assume they high pass between the pre and amp. As this is the most important part of a subwoofer. The best sub in the world will suck with poor setup options.

It looks like it has the same connections as my Qsub. If so, the S-Sub might use AllDsp1800B for DSP controll (http://www.alldsp.com/frame.php?content=Product_Detail&ID=1800B).

This give you the possibility to connect your sub via Ethernet to your wifi and controll the subs PEQ, HPF, LPF, delay, mute and gain. It is very simple and gives excellent controll and results!

James63

Aug 7, 2013
Ok thanks,

So if I want to cut the low frequencies to my mains I would have to do it in the pre-amp. It does not seem like there is a way to high pass through the subs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
Ok thanks,

So if I want to cut the low frequencies to my mains I would have to do it in the pre-amp. It does not seem like there is a way to high pass through the subs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is no XLR output on the rear of my Qsub. I think the HPF is for cutting the sub in the low 20-hz … I does not work beneth 20 hz, just from 20 hz and up.

More info on the ALLDSP1800B (http://www.doyleaudio.com/downloads/amps/All-DSP 1800B Flyer.pdf).

Disclaimer, I do not know if it is the ALLDSP1800B in the S-Sub. It might be a computer image or a picture of pre model and then it might be changed before production. Magico is the only one who knows for sure.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing