Sablon Audio has a dedicated forum

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Reactions: Folsom and Esotar

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Where to begin !

Not quite sure why there is not a very long list of posts for this extremely fine Brand of cables, maybe because no big budget marketing, I only became aware through this fine site,

Well today I received my Sablon "Panatela" ethernet cable, not a flashy looking cable, no bling, still it appears very well made indeed, but boy oh boy has this cable made such a dramatic uplift in my system, actually rather speechless to be honest, people who say cables do not make a difference, that's its all "Snake Oil", well that's utter twaddle, I have not had many high end cables, but a couple of cables that did make an immediate difference were some Kubala Sosna "Emotion" speaker cables along with some Synergistic Research "UEF Level 2" power cords,

Some observations whilst listening this afternoon, and in no particular order:

"Spacious" "Airy" "Depth" "Wide" "Separation" Better Tone" Better Timbre" "Better high End" "Better slam" "Blacker" "Better noise floor" "Fast" "Emotion" "Retrieval" "Immersive" "Better Decay" "Holographic"

To say I have had a grin from ear to ear is an understatement, makes listening less fatiguing, hugely more enjoyable, the spend on this cable is hands down the best I have made so far and the price is hard to believe, a great bang for buck value, Mark the owner also seems a very amenable fella, well done sir, you indeed have some very special sauce in this cable.....

rgmd11

Last edited:
Reactions: Sablon Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I've done my best to spread the word. Mark's cables really are v fine indeed, and are a critical part of the evolution in my sound. If the definition of realism and neutrality is preserving the difference in tone and timbre btwn recordings, not exaggerating any part of the frequency spectrum, balancing resolution w musicality, then Sablon fully succeeds.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Well, I've done my best to spread the word. Mark's cables really are v fine indeed, and are a critical part of the evolution in my sound. If the definition of realism and neutrality is preserving the difference in tone and timbre btwn recordings, not exaggerating any part of the frequency spectrum, balancing resolution w musicality, then Sablon fully succeeds.

Totally agree, and what is so surprising is he does not charge a fortune, if you were to stick this cable in a hand polished hard wooden case from a tropical rain forest and with a silk lining it would be 10 times or more the price....I have had so many frustrating moments on my quest for a great sound, well today was easily a Polar opposite.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A big part of the promotion of uber pricey cbls seems to be in the realm of artistic photography. Some of the images on Audio Exotics forum are almost convincing for the extortionate sums demanded.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
A big part of the promotion of uber pricey cbls seems to be in the realm of artistic photography. Some of the images on Audio Exotics forum are almost convincing for the extortionate sums demanded.

Can I ask what is the point of these posts in this thread? I think this new section is intended to discuss the cables from Sablon Audio, not to denigrate other cables or start cable wars ...

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can I ask what is the point of these posts in this thread? I think this new section is intended to discuss the cables from Sablon Audio, not to denigrate other cables or start cable wars ...
RG made a direct comment on extreme VFM on Sablon. I concur, and added to his observation that it's performance would normally be reserved for the price unobtanium stuff. I just commented that those cables market way beyond what Mark does. No coincidence. No denigration from me.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Can I ask what is the point of this post in this thread? I think this new section is intended to discuss the cables from Sablon Audio, not to denigrate other cables or start cable wars ...

Here we go... "Denigrate" please elaborate, and no apologies from me, but I agree with "spiritofmusic", there are way too many cables that with some clever marketing, glossy photography and some Eclectic Pseudo Spiel will hoover in the ignorant and I will be quite blunt and honest to testify this personally,

I suggest you try not to "Denigrate" or more to the point Patronise peoples opinions, these are all valid....to make an informed choice of purchase.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Francisco, you're trying to be too clever by half. You know that words like "extortionate" are used in these instances not in a literal sense, but as an catchy phrase.
If you think that anyone from these eye wateringly priced cbls companies is coming over to RG's, stealing his puppy and forcing him to buy their cbls, well, you really would have to call that "extorting" RG.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sorry about your puppy, RG. Lol

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Francisco, you're trying to be too clever by half. You know that words like "extortionate" are used in these instances not in a literal sense, but as an catchy phrase.
If you think that anyone from these eye wateringly priced cbls companies is coming over to RG's, stealing his puppy and forcing him to buy their cbls, well, you really would have to call that "extorting" RG.

Well said Sir.....words to be commended indeed...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
RG, missing puppy aside, your point is very relevant. Cables maybe more than other products seem prone to the vagaries of indecipherable claims, bling and multiple led pricing. In such a hard to navigate marketplace, it's a godsend to find a range that really consistently performs, has zero bling (not to say that Sablon is not pretty and tidily presented), and has real vfm associated w reasonable claims and lack of hyperbole.

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
I've been told from one dealer that my next set of cables should be from Tara Labs but the cheapest interconnect at £1900 and speaker cables at £3900 as they are the best he has ever heard and no doubt it might not even be the cheapest he asks me to try and buy, I will actually get to try Mark's Sablon Audio cables on Monday when my speakers arrive back for Christmas and New Year, going from Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds so not sure what to expect and the cables were cheaper than the Silver Diamonds which aren't even Tellurium Q's top cables those Statements are now about double the price of the Silver Diamonds.

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
I have already had the Ethernet cable burning in for a few weeks and bought some XLR's, RCA Bocchino's and a pair of Speaker Cables too. The total for all those is still cheaper than the cost for the cheapest Tara Labs Speaker cable and by a few hundred pounds too

Reactions: ferrox

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
And so far, they don't disappoint you, right? His power cord is pretty heavy though but it's just perfect for my DAC..

I have already had the Ethernet cable burning in for a few weeks and bought some XLR's, RCA Bocchino's and a pair of Speaker Cables too. The total for all those is still cheaper than the cost for the cheapest Tara Labs Speaker cable and by a few hundred pounds too

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
RG, missing puppy aside, your point is very relevant. Cables maybe more than other products seem prone to the vagaries of indecipherable claims, bling and multiple led pricing. In such a hard to navigate marketplace, it's a godsend to find a range that really consistently performs, has zero bling (not to say that Sablon is not pretty and tidily presented), and has real vfm associated w reasonable claims and lack of hyperbole.

Ditto.

And hope some other folks can chime in as lets not make this a one sided duo crusade for these cables
I've been told from one dealer that my next set of cables should be from Tara Labs but the cheapest interconnect at £1900 and speaker cables at £3900 as they are the best he has ever heard and no doubt it might not even be the cheapest he asks me to try and buy, I will actually get to try Mark's Sablon Audio cables on Monday when my speakers arrive back for Christmas and New Year, going from Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds so not sure what to expect and the cables were cheaper than the Silver Diamonds which aren't even Tellurium Q's top cables those Statements are now about double the price of the Silver Diamonds.

Well it's the 2nd day listening, and still shocked at the huge improvement in sq, hands down one of the best purchases I have made to date, in the new year I will for sure buy some more of his cables, XLR and Power-cords, to me it's blatantly apparent that it's a no brainer to do this, and without having to saw off your right arm in the process....win win all the way, wish I knew about Sablon Audio a few years ago....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing