Sablon Interconnects

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
All Sablon interconnects share the same extremely transparent conductor with my non-invasive ‘Roswell’ shielding and low impedance grounding. Geometries are optimised according to single ended and balanced iterations, given their different design requirements.

The Reserva RCA interconnect benefitted from an enhanced geometry for 2019 and is available with a choice of either KLEI Pure silver or Bocchino platinum rca plugs. I won’t beat around the bush here - it is the latter version that you will be wanting.

As well as superb metallurgy, the Bocchino further benefits from solder-free set screw termination which also allows for Furutech Nano Liquid contact enhancer to be applied. This cable has been tested in a wide variety of systems from simple to bleeding edge, impressing in all. A blow out best seller and demo examples are available in USA and Singapore.

For the XLR iteration, I have found the Oyaide Focus plug to be a more compelling proposition than the silver plated Bocchino, which simply didn’t show the same gains that this brand enjoys elsewhere in my product range. I will revisit this subject when I am able to procure platinum plated samples from Bocchino given how spectacularly well they work on the rca cable.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Mark, will wait for your conclusion of Platinum Bocchino. :cool:

Reactions: Sablon Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
If the wait doesn't kill you, the sound with it in will slay you. Killer cable.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
A big thank to Mark for loaning me Sablon interconnect with Bucchino RCA connector. I have been listening for the past 3 weeks before I am away from my system for 1 week holidays.

I listened on 2 different DACs i.e MSB platinum DAC 4+ and Aqua Formula xHD and the listening impression remained the same. The listening session with Sablon was compared with my current interconnect (see my signature).
The limitation was however my current interconnect is XLR vs Sablon RCA.

In general, I can hear greater finesse and refinement with Sablon IC. There were more seductive meaty, chunky mids and vocal, some will call it more musical. There was improvement of noise level and the music background was darker. For me, my system sounds more analog with the Sablon IC.

Attachments

• 98F2570C-8AC6-4C2F-9EE4-AF329C0A17A3.jpeg
    98F2570C-8AC6-4C2F-9EE4-AF329C0A17A3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've been looking for a phrase to describe Bocchino RCAs
"Controlled fireworks".

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Some nice fb on the Bocchino xlr cable. Upstream is Taiko Extreme server / my usb cable / TotalDac Twelve.

Stop the presses! Please don't curse me...Could I ask for the XLR cables before the pc? If you already have the pc made, no problem, I will take that first. But I am very impressed with your XLR's relative to the Siltech's that came with the TotalDac (Siltech). This is the first Siltech cable I have ever owned but have assumed that given their prestige in the press (along with their price tag) that these were excellent interconnects, and I am sure they are. Further Steve E was convinced they were the best cables available for the TotalDac. I wish he had a chance to listen to your XLR's perform with the TotalDac.

Much more alive, greater transparency, very tuneful and articulate low frequencies. The ability to separate instruments and voices at the extremes of the soundstage is remarkable. Typically the further back or to the far right/left the music is more homogenized. To hear instruments and voices so separate and articulated lends so much more aliveness and realism to the sound. Very exciting.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
An unusual commission today. A hybrid set of interconnects for a Shindo Petrus owner. This preamplifier is innately single ended but uses transformer output coupling into an xlr jack. After confirming the pin out (not always in my experience a given in Shindo land.....) and genuine balanced output, this cable was built fully shielded hooked up at both ends as the owner uses the Shindo 2 pin mains cord, hence no safety ground besides the interconnect (!) and also more potential for ground loop issues.

0C37771A-E0C4-4C40-938E-E3D8413A476B.jpeg

Last edited:

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
4F1A62F2-9807-4FF0-8DA3-F529B5F706EA.jpeg

No, not Christmas candles but 10 sets of platinum Bocchino xlr plugs to work through my order backlog and hopefully have some spare for a couple of demo cables to circulate in the new year.

These are the last of the ac plugs available until after the holiday season, when I have 30 sets (usa plugs & iec) due to arrive.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mark, my GF would have been so much more impressed if those indeed were candles Lol.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing