Sablon USB cable - 2020 model

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
@DeadWax, glad you’re enjoying it and fwiw my ethernet cable plays at a similar level. You raise a good point about the burn in on my cables as I typically use much larger conductors than others which take a bit longer to open up. I also use Oyaide solder on the usb cable and that also needs more time than other brands but rewards with greater transparency.

Last edited:

chungjh

Oct 2, 2019
That sounds most promising Sujay! The unpowered cable without a voltage line which you are using on your Lampizator is my best sounding (and cheapest) option. Enjoy!

Lampizator recommends Callisto USB for their DACs. How does Sablon compare with Callisto? Do you think the SOTm does not help? I have a Big 7 DAC.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Lampizator NA is a dealer for FTA and would unsurprisingly recommend what they sell. Drop me an email and I’ll share some customer comparisons with you.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Lampizator NA is a dealer for FTA and would unsurprisingly recommend what they sell. Drop me an email and I’ll share some customer comparisons with you.

So I have a Chord HUGO TT2 into a Cayin HA-300 300b tube amp, and I am looking to upgrade my Kimber USB cable. I was originally looking at the Curious or Curious Evolved USB, but I heard they're a bit on the bright side. Phasure LUSH^2 was my next choice since it's a warmer, full-bodied cable, but I have reservations it may not work on the Hugo TT2 since that DAC is finnicky with USB cables. My previous Morrow Audio USB Reference cable that worked on my previous Qutest doesn't work on the TT2, for example.

Have you gotten your Sablon USB cable working on the TT2?

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
FWIW, I've had no issues at all with Sablon USB cables and my TT2 and DAVE. I switched Sablon cables from Lush^2 (and DIY Lush^3 configuration before there was a Lush^3). The Sablon for me was a huge step up.

Remember that Chord DACs need USB power for the initial USB handshake, so be sure to get the powered version of the Sablon cable.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
So I have a Chord HUGO TT2 into a Cayin HA-300 300b tube amp, and I am looking to upgrade my Kimber USB cable. I was originally looking at the Curious or Curious Evolved USB, but I heard they're a bit on the bright side. Phasure LUSH^2 was my next choice since it's a warmer, full-bodied cable, but I have reservations it may not work on the Hugo TT2 since that DAC is finnicky with USB cables. My previous Morrow Audio USB Reference cable that worked on my previous Qutest doesn't work on the TT2, for example.

Have you gotten your Sablon USB cable working on the TT2?

Sure, there was never an issue with Chord gear and the latest production is pretty much universally compatible.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Sure, there was never an issue with Chord gear and the latest production is pretty much universally compatible.

But specifically, have you or someone tried it on the Hugo TT2? All the USB cables I had worked on the Qutest, but so far, only the Audioquest and Kimber cable work on the TT2 since they have some power draw along w/ data, per Chord engineers.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
But specifically, have you or someone tried it on the Hugo TT2? All the USB cables I had worked on the Qutest, but so far, only the Audioquest and Kimber cable work on the TT2 since they have some power draw along w/ data, per Chord engineers.

I do and in fact Raydude already confirmed as much in the post #105 above.

romaz

Oct 7, 2015

I own both a Chord DAVE and TT2 and my Sablon USB cable works and sounds exceptional on both DACs. I have zero reservations recommending this USB cable for your TT2.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
I own both a Chord DAVE and TT2 and my Sablon USB cable works and sounds exceptional on both DACs. I have zero reservations recommending this USB cable for your TT2.

Well, I've been convinced, and as of a few hours ago, I purchased the 2020 Panatela USB cable! Thank you guys and especially you Mark. Can't wait to receive it at the end of the week!

Last edited:

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Wow, just wow! The Sablon 2020 Panatela Reserva Elite USB cable is the real freaking deal! Compared to my Kimber USB-AG Summit USB cable, the Sablon just has more clarity and purity, tighter sound with better, more natural timbre and control, and better imaging! This cable is a real keeper!

System: Windows 10 PC -> 2020 Sablon Panatela Reserva Elite USB Cable -> Chord HUGO TT2 -> Sommer Epilogue XLR Cable -> Cayin HA-300 tube amp (Psvane ACME 300b tubes + NOS Sylvania 6SN7W metal base tube) -> Audeze LCD-3 Fazor/Tekton Lore Reference Speakers

frederick184

VIP/Donor
Nov 24, 2019
Frederick MD
First post here and another satisfied Sablon customer. I replaced a Phasure Lush^3 with the Sablon USB 2020 cable. I am currently on day 6 of burn-in and although somewhat recessed at first, the cable has bloomed into sounding very natural across the board, conveying the emotion in the music very nicely. The Lush sounds flat by comparison. I can hear more into the music with the Sablon. Very happy, and look forward to trying more of Mark's cables in my system.

Colin

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum Colin and thanks for taking the time to post. All of my cables are based around larger conductor gauges than is usual and need more burn in time to achieve their potential. The process is usually pretty benign and you will find a similar pattern with the ethernet cables before being rewarded with a similar outcome. There's a good reason why I sell these models on a daily basis :cool:

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Wait until it burns in Joey, only arrived yesterday!
Wow, you are not kidding! I've gone past the 100 hours, and the sound is just incredibly dynamic and effortless! Not only are the bass hitting harder, it's also cleaner. I thought I already have a system with huge soundstage (Hugo TT2 DAC + Cayin HA-300 with Psvane ACME 300b and Sylvania 6SN7W metal base tubes + Audeze LCD-3), but after burning the Sablon 2020 USB Cable, my music just sound much larger than life, to the point that I sometimes wonder how I'm still hearing this from headphones!

Clarity top and bottom have gone up, and it really doesn't matter what genre I throw at my system, from R&B to Jazz to World to Classical.

One of my favorite songs to really test a system is Dead Can Dance's "Song of the Stars". I highly recommend everyone to have a listen to this song.

Most of all, listening to music has become so addictive to me because everything just sounds so much more engaging. I'm now on a self-rediscovery journey through music as everything I've heard before now have a sense of clarity and authority that I didn't know I have access to. Night and day difference!

The Sablon 2020 USB is just effortless and one of the best performance to price cable you can get right now!

Last edited:

Rhodium

Jul 2, 2017
Good morning all ,
just a small intervention to thank the contributors as well as Audio Sablon.
After careful reading of your contributions, I was convinced to acquire a Panatela Reserva usb cable and a Panatela Reserva ethernet.
No regrets, I have no complaints, with a sound reproduction that satisfies me and a tiny difference between streaming and playing the same files recorded on the hard drives of the Innuos Statement.
I didn't make any comparison beforehand, so I won't go into detail, especially since the cables arrived with the Innuos Statement.
I should be able to compare the USB Audio Sablon to an Intona Ultimate, after confinement or the end of the year; I will not fail to give you feedback.
Happy listening.

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
I just wanted to give an example of customer care above the ordinary.

I mentioned the other day in one of the LampizatOr threads here that I'm waiting for the new Lampi DAC. The day after I got an email from Mark saying that he saw this and that I don't need to worry, my unpowered Sablon Audio 2020 USB cable will work with the new USB board that is being used in the new Lampi DAC.

I had not even mentioned this concern anywhere, there was no talk about new USB boards, but I had actually thought about that it could potentially become a problem and that in worst case I would need to buy a new USB cable. I'm grateful that Mark reads his customers minds and is being pro-active in his support!

I wonder if he can guess how many new ethernet cables I need... :)

I also recall having read somewhere that you shouldn't start sentences or paragraphs with "I", but I seem to have failed miserably with this post so I guess I can just as well go on.

I am sorry Mark if I was a bit short in my email reply, but you really surprised me there! Thanks again! :)

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
I just sent an inquiry for the Sablon USB cable ,,...

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
You can't go wrong with the Sablon 2020 USB cable, one of my favorite purchases.

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
You can't go wrong with the Sablon 2020 USB cable, one of my favorite purchases.
I didn’t expect such a quick responds , I no sooner sent off my quire minute’s later,... “ding“.
Incidentally I like the TransferWise Mark suggests and prefers over PayPal,..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing