You be the judge

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
IT'S SNL.

IT'S FUNNY, NO, IT WAS HILARIOUS!

The public needs to mellow out.

I heard Suffolk County, Long Island, New York wants SNL to post an apology because Suffolk is the number one county for heroin overdoses and deaths either in the state of the country, I'm not sure which and SNL should not be poking fun at the problem.

SNL should tell Suffolk County to BUZZ OFF.

NO apology for comedy.

If comedy hurts, FIX THE PROBLEM.

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

This is discrimination or what! :D
_____

Same here PAP, Haiti from both original link and Hulu

Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States..
:(

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Sorry. If you don't understand satire then that is your problem. The real issue with heroin is that it is illegal. People buy it on the street and have no idea what they are buying. The purity is all over the map, and who knows what it has been cut with. As an ex cigarette addict, I have no desire to get hooked again on another drug, but making it illegal is not the answer.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I think we all get the satire part. Let's replace "heroin" with "cancer" - would anyone then welcome similar satire? What if the cancer was mostly self-inflicted through heavy smoking or drinking?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I think we all get the satire part. Let's replace "heroin" with "cancer" - would anyone then welcome similar satire? What if the cancer was mostly self-inflicted through heavy smoking or drinking?

YES, because it's funny. Satire sometimes makes people cringe. The more you cringe, the better the satire.

You must have hated Richard Pryor with all his political incorrectness.

Sorry. If you don't understand satire then that is your problem. The real issue with heroin is that it is illegal. People buy it on the street and have no idea what they are buying. The purity is all over the map, and who knows what it has been cut with. As an ex cigarette addict, I have no desire to get hooked again on another drug, but making it illegal is not the answer.

I agree.

The best thing they can do is legalize EVERYTHING, tax it and sell it in recreational drug stores just like they sell alcohol.

Prohibition didn't work for booze and recreational drug prohibition isn't working either.

Tobacco is legal and so is liquor. I don't smoke and have no desire to spend my life being drunk. Legality has little to do with peoples' personal activities. They do what they want to do.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The heroin epidemic is a result on government clamping down on Rx opiate pills. The harder they make it to get pills, the higher the prices go per pill and this forces the kids to try a $10 bag of heroin that kicks their ass more than an $80/tablet oxycotin. If my kid was experimenting/hooked on opiate drugs, I would rather have him/her on pills where they know the dosage versus Heroin who strength is a crap shoot. Some dealers even cut the Heroin with Fentanyl which in most cases OD's the user. SNL's skit is a sad reality.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When Oxycontin is snorted and not swallowed, which is common because it bypasses the time release feature of the drug formulation, ODs are just as likely.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The heroin epidemic is a result on government clamping down on Rx opiate pills. The harder they make it to get pills, the higher the prices go per pill and this forces the kids to try a $10 bag of heroin that kicks their ass more than an $80/tablet oxycotin. If my kid was experimenting/hooked on opiate drugs, I would rather have him/her on pills where they know the dosage versus Heroin who strength is a crap shoot. Some dealers even cut the Heroin with Fentanyl which in most cases OD's the user. SNL's skit is a sad reality.

As is with everything that is war-on-drugs.... a solution that's a bigger problem than the original problem.

And it's SNL so it's not funny. SNL is painfully not funny.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing