Sadurni Acoustics horns - any thoughts?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You may have to wait a little, Marslo. This is a massive undertaking for me, from the cost, to having to travel to the US for demo, to issues on room/amps synergy w/no home trial, to poss issues w/tube rush and hum (my system at 101dB/1m eff is sufficiently noisy before I even consider going 109dB eff). My Zus are singing w/current changes, and I have a big cognitive dissonance divide going on in my head (pass the migraine pills, nurse!).

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You may have to wait a little, Marslo. This is a massive undertaking for me, from the cost, to having to travel to the US for demo, to issues on room/amps synergy w/no home trial, to poss issues w/tube rush and hum (my system at 101dB/1m eff is sufficiently noisy before I even consider going 109dB eff). My Zus are singing w/current changes, and I have a big cognitive dissonance divide going on in my head (pass the migraine pills, nurse!).

Horns are not a massive undertaking at all, except the money for the speaker, and the space/width (the latter of which you have). The best thing about horns, irrespective of choice of brand, is that the rest of the components are easy to source. You can drive a good horn with a small 2500 integrated or with a sota 30k, and enjoy both. All the best horn set ups I have heard, whether the Western Electric, Trios, or Animas, have been with minimal other audiophile foo. Except at Munich where the WE electronics were Sota.

Either way, it should be easy to make that trip

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I've heard the Sadurni's at a number of audio shows and they sound very life-like. They don't have that "hand-cuppy" coloration that horns so often have.

I've played the cello most of my life and this is the most accurate reproduction of cello that I've ever heard from a loudspeaker. They must be absolutely breathtaking in person.

Ken

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bonzo, yes I agree that setup considerations may be a lot simpler than seems at first sight. My issues are lack of UK tech support, and noise issues. My Westwick balanced power transformer engineer who was over y'day sorting out hum issues said going 101dB/1m eff to 109 (ie Zus to Sadurnis) will in effect double the volume of my current noise (now just tube rush). I have to really balance what I'm sure will be a spectacular sound w/more noise pollution. Things acceptable w/the Zus. W/the Sadurnis?...

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Just re played the above media ( YouTube System recording Caviats applied ) through a nice pair of Shure SE846 Pro IE’s and for my part the SaturnI’s sound very well indeed ...

Last edited:

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
Spirit did you hear the Sandurni’s? Anybody else get them or hear them? There is a pair of Staccato GTs for sale on Canuck Audio Mart for $28K Canadian (roughly $21K US or about half price).

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
Hi Mendel,
I am aware of these speakers, they are one of our highest models with the latest upgrades.
Anybody owning a pair of our speakers will have the full support of our brand.
The buyer should contact us, we can talk to him about the best way to setup and take care of these delicate speakers, free of charge.

Jorge Sadurni
Sadurni Acoustics

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Spirit did you hear the Sandurni’s? Anybody else get them or hear them? There is a pair of Staccato GTs for sale on Canuck Audio Mart for $28K Canadian (roughly $21K US or about half price).
Mendel, I'm afraid I didn't. Travelling to Texas or Oslo (the only two places I could have easily heard them optimally set up) just wasn't practical (I don't have Ked's pioneer spirit). And the budget for a new pair remained beyond me. My comms with Jorge were first class, and I certainly would have loved the chance to be wowed. Sorry I can't help otherwise.

Reactions: Mendel

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
Hi Mendel,
I am aware of these speakers, they are one of our highest models with the latest upgrades.
Anybody owning a pair of our speakers will have the full support of our brand.
The buyer should contact us, we can talk to him about the best way to setup and take care of these delicate speakers, free of charge.

Jorge Sadurni
Sadurni Acoustics
Thank you for chiming in Jorge! Great to hear that you continue to support the owners of your speakers. I wish I had a bigger room (my “cave” is only 13’X 16’ X 7.5’) or I would be seriously interested. Anyway your comments should encourage anyone who is interested in those speakers.

Superchunk

Feb 19, 2023
Thank you for chiming in Jorge! Great to hear that you continue to support the owners of your speakers. I wish I had a bigger room (my “cave” is only 13’X 16’ X 7.5’) or I would be seriously interested. Anyway your comments should encourage anyone who is interested in those speakers.
I saw the same, they actually have them for $20k cdn and only about an hour from me. I have new speakers paid for and on the way but...it's a hell of a deal. Never heard them but I can't imagine they are anything but spectacular.

Reactions: Mendel and Argonaut

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
I saw the same, they actually have them for $20k cdn and only about an hour from me. I have new speakers paid for and on the way but...it's a hell of a deal. Never heard them but I can't imagine they are anything but spectacular.
Someone is going to get a pair of incredible speakers at an amazing bargain price. I wish I had the room for them and $20K lying around :))

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing