SAT arrived

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
My Dear Friend Tang,we never met but we chat often with Ked,and often in contrast with Ked ideas, sent to me one of his 2 SAT,with SAT base,to listen but i decide to buy,he wanted to sell one because had many tonearms and one not used.

For me was a dream because i cannot buy new but second hand i can buy and i will always thanks a lot Tang for this.

The SAT base was perfect for my AF3P,but too high,so i brought to one company that cut half and now is perfect.
I had also Basis Superarm 9 but having this tonearm some problems,i give back to distributor and he gave to me a Graham Elite 12" ,he is Italian distributor of Basis and graham,that i will put on AF3P in september when will arrive the base from Techdas.

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 210

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I setup with a new Lambda SL and listening few hours for my too hot in my room now,my room is 85 SQM with 8 velux windows and no air conditioned because i need to put on the roof 2 big machine and my wife doesnt want,but only for one month and half of too hot,is no problem if i dont listen.

In comparison with Superarm 9 and previous Atlas SL,i can listen immediatly a more fast and dynamic sound.
Also more detail and more transparent.
Scene and depth are better,but incredible are the more details this tonearm give.
I will compare in september with Elite 12" i will put but sure will be near impossible beat this tonearm,and i listen many good tonearm also in my friend systems

For DDK,i never tried SME 3012R,so i dont know if is better than SAT,but thanks to Tang,i am very very happy.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Wonderful...enjoy !!!!!!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love Koetsus and II love my SAT. I don't know what if anything Ked and I like in common LOL You and I seem to have a lot of commonalities my friend. Congratulations and Enjoy!

Reactions: Gardener and gian60

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hope you will try the Diamond on the SAT too. For me, the combination is one of the best I have heard and not just owned. Put together the extreme flatness of the record on a TD, the crazy smoothness of the SAT bearings with a short and very stiff cantilever like the diamond's and I think this allows the cart to really shine. Handling the arm with bearing play properly adjusted is just so pleasurable right? It's like gesture control without any friction on a screen or touch pad. When I first got mine I used to make up sound effects in my head while playing with the arm's articulation LOL

Reactions: gian60

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi jack,
i setup now the diamond on SAT and you have right,the sound is amazing.
I always liked Coralstone diamond because sound is more natural of other my carts but SAT wake up this cart like put a biturbo.
Sound alqays very natural with big scene and very dynamic,really incredible

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In last 4/5 days i listen very well on SAT,Lambda SL,Opus 1 and Coralstone Diamond,that i listen before with Saec 506,Koetsu arm,Basis Superarm 9,Vyger and Bergmann Sindre tonearm.

All very good sound but SAT bring all these 3 cartridges to another level,much much higher.

I suggest to buy( to try before) a cheap turntable and a cheap cart but with SAT tonearm if budget is limited
Will be a big surprise

I am thinking to sell my new Elite 12"andsome other thing to buy a second SAT
Too big the difference

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Gianluigi reading this bold statement from a person like you, it’s very reassuring. Many thanks! Your comments are in line with @dcc Comments for SAT.
Have you set VTF lower than normal? I had read somewhere that this is Marc’s recommendation.
also did you have to make any adjustments on the bearings?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
VTF is normal and not adjustments on the bearing
Sound is very good and i prefer dont touch anything

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
My Dear Friend Tang,we never met but we chat often with Ked,and often in contrast with Ked ideas, sent to me one of his 2 SAT,with SAT base,to listen but i decide to buy,he wanted to sell one because had many tonearms and one not used.

For me was a dream because i cannot buy new but second hand i can buy and i will always thanks a lot Tang for this.

The SAT base was perfect for my AF3P,but too high,so i brought to one company that cut half and now is perfect.
I had also Basis Superarm 9 but having this tonearm some problems,i give back to distributor and he gave to me a Graham Elite 12" ,he is Italian distributor of Basis and graham,that i will put on AF3P in september when will arrive the base from Techdas.

Many thanks for the wonderful feedback. I may have missed it somewhere in your posts but can I ask which version do you have....the original or the new versions? SAT + Coralstone diamond is very much on my shortlist. Happy listening and would be great if you could share a video perhaps with some Miles or other jazz or some rock music if you like them. No worries if not possible. Many thanks

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi
Arm is the original
I am no good
To
Put video but will ask Ked to
Put
I
Will
Do
Tomorrow with dead can dance and jazz

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Wonderful. Many thanks for the feedback and the offer to post videos.... looking forward to them. Cheers.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Congratulation. I use the same SAT on my AF1P. Your SAT is second edition of the original version. Second edition allows easy adjustment of bearing loading. You can loosen the top screw and apply finger pressure on the top bearing and tighten it again. I find myself requiring to tighten this vertical bearing every few months. Once tightened, the sound is smoother and quieter. The horizontal bearing can also be adjusted with the same method, but the effect is less significant.

There are many ways you can further enhance your SAT. One fairly simple way is to duplicate the armboard with titanium. If you can find a goldsmith workshop which can measure and machine the same with titanium, you should try. It not very expensive but the improvement is huge.

The same is true with the counterweight. The material affect the sound. If you like the sound with titanium Ti, change the counterweight to Ti as well. I tried Ti but now settle with tungsten. For me, tungsten W is even better.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Gian. You now need to compare against Thales :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Gian. You now need to compare against Thales :)
Hi Shane. Do you have the second generation or first? Have you heard them in the same system neck to neck? I am curious. A dealer here want to sell me the second generation specially made long for the 927.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Shane. Do you have the second generation or first? Have you heard them in the same system neck to neck? I am curious. A dealer here want to sell me the second generation specially made long for the 927.

Hi Tang. I have Simplicity mk2 - so current series . still thinking about the Statement - but expensive and no hear first.

I have never head SAT vs Thales - plenty have Thales and SAT on AF1's etc, but it seems nobody has both.

Is he offering Simplicity II or Statement? Thales now own EMT so hopefully a good match - not that they make the 927.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing