Schnerzinger or Master Built cables?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Anyone have a preference or experience between the two brands? If so, what are your observations/thoughts/or experience?

Tom

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Tom, I can only answer half of your question. I have Schnerzinger 5000 series speaker cables and an 8000 series power cord for the 20A CH Precision M1 amp. The Schnerzinger speaker cables and power cord have added great balance to my system. Not a trace of grain. They seem to be very dynamic. Very impressed with their performance so far.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm curious too. The information on Scherzinger's site is useless marketing. I wouldn't pretend to know what it sounds like compared to a system with MB.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've never heard or used Schnersinger. I do use MB in both my systems. Coincidentally one of these systems is CH Precision as well.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Tried schnerzinger pc, sc , giga protector, network protector , component protector & grid protector & heard it in 4/5 times in different syst. The best cabling syst & tweaks i have ever experience . With their unsual marketing practices (& zero dicount ) , not many people will have the opportunity to try their products

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Rsorren and jack
have you tried CH cable in comparison of cables do you have?

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Rsorren and jack
have you tried CH cable in comparison of cables do you have?

Hi Gian60. I just got a CH Precision M1 amp to replace my A1 and as you know the M1 needs two power cords, a 20A and a 15A. The Schnerzinger 20A power cord is a new addition with the M1. I'm using the Swiss Cable 15A power cord that I had with the A1 as the other power cord. I also just took delivery of Zellaton Stage. I had been using CH Precision copper speaker cables with my Wilson Alexia. The Schnerzinger speaker cables eliminated a layer of "grain" that was present with the CH speaker cables and my Zellaton. The Schnerzinger speaker cables have added tonal balance, detail, and depth to the presentation. I am really impressed with the Schnerzinger speaker cables and power cord. I have not purchased yet but I really love the presentation in my system. I'm also trying out three Schnerzinger Giga Protectors in my room. They seem to increase width and depth of soundstage and "illuminate" the overall presentation. I have also not purchased these yet but they make a positive difference that can easily be heard.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks,
I have M1 mono and i want to ask you.
Now i have his original two power cord that i will change in future,but i know we need a very good power cord for 20A,but we don't need a good power cord for 15A and we can leave his normal cable because the power cord of 15A is not useful for sound.Is correct?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have CH copper between L1 and M1 mono and also CH copper for speaker.
Today i tried CH copper from L1 to M1 vs MIT Oracle MAxREV2 but the sound is near exactly the same. Mit is little more transparent but little less body,and on voices and choir CH with his little more body seems little better.
So CH cost 8 times less than MIT ( price list) and sound is near same.
For power cord i have a friend that build cable for some company and i never listen one cable better than this.
Tomorrow i will put a photo,i have one from the wall.
Is copper 7N solid core with MU metal inside and neotech connection
The price,being my friend is cheap,less than 1 mt of ch cable
If you are interesting send to me a private message and i give to you his mail and telephone number
Also his cable XLR are fantastic,he tried against siltech top and other and find better
Schnerzinger i listen in munich but in a system i don't know

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Thanks,
I have M1 mono and i want to ask you.
Now i have his original two power cord that i will change in future,but i know we need a very good power cord for 20A,but we don't need a good power cord for 15A and we can leave his normal cable because the power cord of 15A is not useful for sound.Is correct?
Gian60, both power cords on the M1 are important. The 20A connects to the large transformer that powers the output devices. Obviously very important to the sound. On the M1, the 15A is connected to a transformer that provides power for input stage of the M1 and the standby transformer. Since the M1 15A is connected to input stage it is important to the sound too. I use a very reasonably priced Swiss Cable Reference + cord and so far the results are excellent. Note on othe CH Precision components that connect to an X1, the 15A on the back of the unit only drives the standby transformer and the display. My L1/D1/C1/P1 are all connected to X1s and I use stock 15A cords for those. I use the very reasonably priced Swiss Cable power cords for the X1 to the wall outlet.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gian60, both power cords on the M1 are important. The 20A connects to the large transformer that powers the output devices. Obviously very important to the sound. On the M1, the 15A is connected to a transformer that provides power for input stage of the M1 and the standby transformer. Since the M1 15A is connected to input stage it is important to the sound too. I use a very reasonably priced Swiss Cable Reference + cord and so far the results are excellent. Note on othe CH Precision components that connect to an X1, the 15A on the back of the unit only drives the standby transformer and the display. My L1/D1/C1/P1 are all connected to X1s and I use stock 15A cords for those. I use the very reasonably priced Swiss Cable power cords for the X1 to the wall outlet.

That is correct. :)

Unlike say C!,D1 where the second PC is for powering only logic and control functions, in the M1 the cable powers part of the signal path. It can be argued that the 15A might be even more important than the 20A. Actually it would be a cool experiment to figure out which stage PCs benefit more since it is one of the very few amps where input and driver supplies are separate from output supplies. I'll get to that when my new speakers get here and are burned in. In the meantime adapters from 15A to 20A are affordable and easy to source from the likes of Shunyata and Voodoo. Any M1 owners want to go ahead and give this a try? The M1s were really fine even with the stock PCs.

Hi Gian, I also distribute CH cables so yes I have used them. Argento makes excellent cables and the work they did along with CH is no exception. Very good value IMHO.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Schnerzinger speaker cables ( having high loop inductance) could roll off high frequency response.
Their wide spaced construction may allow the amplifier to pick-up RFI. Good speaker cables are twisted pairs (or quad).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing