Searching for Sugar Man | Blu-ray - Documentary

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Just don't miss this one!

-- 51lHLT5Xq5L._SL500_.jpg

* I watched that Blu on February 13th (while I was still away); but now I had to share, and in its own dedicated thread at that.

This is a Must See (a Must Own BD for me), by everyone here.
And that Blu-ray is now part of my great Music collection.

** I'm trying to speak with Sixto, in person! ...Me and him, on the phone.
...That's how sensitive I am to this true story, to this guy.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Keeping my fingers crossed that this wins the Grammy for best documentary.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8700-Searching-for-Sugar-Man-Must-Watch

Wow, how could I missed your thread before Gary! ...I guess because I'm into Blu-ray. ;)

* This should win for the best Music Documentary of all times! ...Well, 2012. :b

Yes, in South Africa this guy is more popular than Elvis and Bob combined!
And yet, in America nobody has ever heard of him!

=> Please, members of WBF, and guests too, get this, on Blu-ray, or DVD (if you don't have a BD player yet), or from your PC (if you sold your DVD player on eBay). ...Download is only five bucks. ...But see it, it's a must!

The Rock Star who didn't know he was one!
=> http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7424704n

P.S. In the first post above, you can click on the Blu-ray picture cover for a brief apercu.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Thanx Gary for that latest link.

______________ . ______________

That's too bad: he shouldn't go there (moneys, royalties, financial trails, and all that jazz);
it's a world of hurt out there, and that will transform his entire aura for the worst.
The world is spoiled with the blood and money and guns of wars and violence; Jesus (Sixto) should remain at large, in Michigan, Detroit, in his very humble house and life. ...That's where his true power resides. ...In the coffin of harsh winters and broken dreams of a broken world.

Last edited:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Bob, unfortunately he won''t be the first musician taken to the cleaners by the very people he trusted in the first place - his producer and mentor. While Rodriguez was working as a minimum-wage laborer, Avant could have been reaping the benefits of all the royalty checks that came from South Africa and Australia.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I understand very well Gary; but my point is to remove yourself totally from this world's exploitation.

A true artist is one with a message from his soul; not from his bank account.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah!! Searching for Sugar Man wins the Oscar for Best Documentary :)

Of course! :b ... Right on! :cool:

And he didn't show up for acknowledgment

Not his style.

As mentioned by Malik Bendjelloul, Simon Chinn the documentary makers, he didn't want to be there to take anything away from their glory.

Exactly.

Gary, how many people in the audience at Oscars 2013 night do you think saw that Documentary film 'Searching for Sugar Man'?
...And how many members here at WBF?
...And how many people in America?

Let me guess; total combined average of the three places: less than 0.0000000001%

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Gary, how many people in the audience at Oscars 2013 night do you think saw that Documentary film 'Searching for Sugar Man'?
...And how many members here at WBF?
...And how many people in America?

Let me guess; total combined average of the three places: less than 0.0000000001%

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Their Facebook page has got only 27, 000 likes. Hopefully this Oscar win gives him a bit of publicity. Rodriguez certainly deserves it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Yes, for the Documentary to have won an Oscar tonight will certainly help other people to know about him, and much more ....
Everyone would benefit to see it; young and old.

'Searching for Sugar Man'; Oscar winner for:
* Documentary Feature (best)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing