Seawave Acoustics Horn Loudspeakers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 9.17.40 PM.png

http://seawave.ltd/pages/page_26.php

These look serious! Has anyone heard these speakers?

How does this compare to the Diesis Audio Roma? To the Tune Audio Anima? To the Cessaro Alpha?

Kedar, how come you did not tell us about this brand? :p

Bobvin, get to work on this! :D

And the next model down, the Plotinus, looks good too!

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 9.24.06 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75 and thomask

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Get ye to the airport, Bonzo, WBF demands it!

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Does anyone know how much these speakers are?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Does anyone know how much these speakers are?
I heard them in Munich this year at the side show HiFi Deluxe.
They surprised my positively but not as much as the diesis at the same show.

And when I heard their price of around 100k, my interest in them vanished very quickly because I liked the similarly priced diesis an awefull great big lot better ;)

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I hate when you read reviews and they do not provide pricing. I wish Companies would put pricing on their website. It would make it easier to determine what is affordable. Do you like your Universum's more than Diesis?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Do you like your Universum's more than Diesis?
That is impossible to say when all components AND the room is different.
I would love to compare the two speakers in one room/system but that will most probably never happen ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That is impossible to say when all components AND the room is different.
I would love to compare the two speakers in one room/system but that will most probably never happen ;)

In Madrid the dealer has the expensive Diesis on the top floor and universum level below.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
In Madrid the dealer has the expensive Diesis on the top floor and universum level below.
Have you already been there?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Have you already been there?

Yes. Vyger Indian signature with Kondo IO, and Kondo ongaku and absolare integrated as amps on the Diesis.

He has a Ming Da 300b with SS driving the woofer on the universum. His TT there was not working so had to listen to digital

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Yes. Vyger Indian signature with Kondo IO, and Kondo ongaku and absolare integrated as amps on the Diesis.

He has a Ming Da 300b with SS driving the woofer on the universum. His TT there was not working so had to listen to digital
And what was your verdict?
Gladly rather in the Uni thread because it is OT in this thread...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Damn. You listened a lot of equipments. Amazing.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
And what was your verdict?
Gladly rather in the Uni thread because it is OT in this thread...

Both are musical in their own way. Diesis has more coherence through the Midbass for, for example, the piano, and universum has better highs and more detail. Universum has a more stat like see through presentation, while Diesis has the type of presentation more linked to wooden sensitive speakers, like vintage tannoy or devore, but better than those two.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yep, I'm gonna buy $150k spkrs off EBay.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
It is hard to compare a $100-150K speaker to the Universum or for that matter any speaker under $40k. I will gladly sacrifice a little mid bass for a savings of $70k

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It is hard to compare a $100-150K speaker to the Universum or for that matter any speaker under $40k. I will gladly sacrifice a little mid bass for a savings of $70k

What Rhapsody said is the next in line Diesis at 30ish k is quite good if you like the top one. Of course if you don't like the top one you won't like them both

These are different speakers. There is no point comparing speakers so different across price ranges. For example, someone might not like both and prefer trios. Nothing to do with money, they are all different sounds

And it's not the midbass that's better, it's the coherence through the midbass, the way the note goes through unbroken, that's better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing