Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

TLi

May 27, 2016
At the end of last year, I was contacted by the founder of a new German manufacturer of isolators called Seismion. The founders are Dr Marcus Neubauer, he has a PhD in mechanical engineering, and Sebastian Mojrzisch, electrical engineer and former manager at Volkswagen (VW) in the pre-development. They are specialized in vibration technology and electronics. The brand Seismion was introduced to me. Seismion produces active isolation platform for industrial use. They wanted to explore the usage of his products in audio market. Knowing there are a lot of active isolation platforms in my audio system, he wanted me to try his isolators on audio system. Of course, I was more than happy to take the offer.
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2270.JPG COVID and breakdown in supply chain have delayed the delivery to last month. Finally, three Reactio isolators were delivered in double boxes. Initial visual assessment was they were well made and well packed. The platform is 40x50cm and should suit most HiFi equipment. There are other sizes available upon special request. It has a no frills design to keep it low profile and reduces production cost. The retail price is around 50% of similar products from Herzan and Accurion. If Seismion performs to the same level as the other brands, it is a bargain.
IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG Seismion Reactio was first used under Kondo G1000i tube preamp replacing Herzan TS-150. To be honest, I didn't expect Seismion to be better than Herzan but it did, and by some margin! The image was much more focused, the sound stage was extended in width and depth. The sound was simply cleaner. I am quite experienced with the benefit of active isolation in audio system. There were four active platforms in my system. The improvement was clearly the result of better isolation.
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG Next was to place the other two Reactio's under Kondo Kagura 2i tube monoblocks. The sound was further enhanced. The bass was never this defined and authoritative. The imaging was so real and 3D that I had not experienced before. I was quite shocked. Reactio is the best smaller active isolator I have used in my system. There is a large Herzan AVS-200 + LFS table for my turntable. My turntable is too large and too heavy for Reactio. so it cannot be directly compared.
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2294.JPG Last weekend together with a few audiophile friends, we bought one Reactio to two different HiFI rooms and tried it under different equipment. We tried on Karan Acoustics PH1 phonostage, ReQuest Audio The Raptor Music Server and Vertere SG-1 Super Groove turntable. Everyone in the audition was convinced Reactio significantly improved the sound in every setup. One experienced audiophile who only uses digital playback system said the improvement is like improving the external reference clock in a digital system. I agree, Reactio and good clock bring similar upgrade in the sound. Better imaging, better resolution and more musical are the common impression. There is no drawback and trade off, only improvement.

I am very happy and satisfied with the Reactio and intend to replace all existing isolators with Seismion. I have just ordered three more. For this price, it is a real bargain.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You are one big cannon TLI.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I was present during the demo of the Seismion last weekend.
One of the two hifi rooms TLi mentioned above was the listening room of Hiendy Club in Hong Kong.

IMG_20220904_085248.jpg

I fully agree with the comments of TLi.

We found that the Reactio has very high "usability", being effective for very diff audio components : turntable, CAS server+dac and phonoamp.

I was most impressed by its performance enhancement on the Vertere SG1 Super Groove tt combo.
IMHO this mid-price LP setup after pairing with the Reactio, can fight with LP setups that are 2 or 3 time the price.
Very very impressive!

My frds and I have placed orders already.
This is the highest compliment reviewers can give to a component!
:D

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Many thanks for the review. Very interesting product. What is the cost ?

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
Payload max for the 50x40 size is 80 kg.

"Standard type of Reactio is 500×400 mm size with a height of only 85mm. The payload capacity is about 80 kg."

"Further options like 600×600 mm or larger, and a high-payload version with 160 kg are also available."

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Curious, I was going off the following from the tech spec.

• Designed for payloads from 500 kg (Reactio: up to 120 kg)

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
Dear all, this is Marcus from company Seismion.

We are glad to read this positive review of our isolator for the audio market, thanks a lot! As mentioned before, they are originally developed for industrial use like semiconductor manufacturing and metrology.

As the review stated, it seems there is an audible difference between our active isolator and other brands. This might be due to our electronics design. We use input to output stage all-linear amplifiers, while at least Accurion has a switching output amplifier stage as far as we know (about Herzan we don't know). That is the reason why we might have a real advantage concerning linearity and noise.

Also the power consumption of one "Reactio" is typically only about 2-3 Watts, this should also be much less than other active isolators.

I just quickly followed this thread, and TheMooN made me aware of some outdated specifications on our website, which I have now updated.
So, we are offering the "Reactio" isolator in two versions, one up to 80 kg, the other 160 kg payload capacity. Sorry for any confusion.

I can also confirm the price of 4.800 Euro for 500x400 mm version (plus shipping costs). If there is also demand for 600x600 mm version, this would be 5.600 Euro.

Delivery time is typically about 6 weeks, but we are going to produce in stock to reduce future delivery time.

Feel free to ask any further questions, me and co-fouinder Sebastian will be glad to answer you under this account or via email.

Greetings,
Marcus

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
@Seismion
Hello Marcus. I was interested to read the content on your site/blog. I see you can use your product with or without a wooden platform; my interest would be for my server, the Taiko Extreme, which is currently on a Taiko Daiza platform (machined Panzerholtz), and supported by EVP footers. This is on an engineered wood floor, below grade (basement).

I like the current set-up, especially, the server atop the Panzerholtz platform. It seems unfair of me to expect you to be familiar with every audio product in the marketplace, but perhaps in broad terms:

Do you have an opinion on using Reactio with the Daiza platform (11kg) and server (45kg)? FYI: Taiko offered a Herzan product with some mods, including a flat Panzerholtz top. I would be using the Daiza. Thank you for any opinion you might offer to my esoteric question. Best of luck with the new business!

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
@Seismion
Hello Marcus. I was interested to read the content on your site/blog. I see you can use your product with or without a wooden platform; my interest would be for my server, the Taiko Extreme, which is currently on a Taiko Daiza platform (machined Panzerholtz), and supported by EVP footers. This is on an engineered wood floor, below grade (basement).

I like the current set-up, especially, the server atop the Panzerholtz platform. It seems unfair of me to expect you to be familiar with every audio product in the marketplace, but perhaps in broad terms:

Do you have an opinion on using Reactio with the Daiza platform (11kg) and server (45kg)? FYI: Taiko offered a Herzan product with some mods, including a flat Panzerholtz top. I would be using the Daiza. Thank you for any opinion you might offer to my esoteric question. Best of luck with the new business!
Hello Markus,
first of all, I must admit we do not yet have experience about how our active isolator "Reactio" works together with additional third party platforms. However, generally the users of our isolator can put any plate on them. Just yesterday we have made a test in our laboratory, and placed an optical breadboard in size 800x1200mm directly above two Reactio isolators. It worked flawlessly, and the isolation performance was exactly the same as for one single isolator. Of course, the maximum payload capacity is also doubled, if both isolators receive more or less the same force (if the center of gravity is in the middle).
We used the optical breadboard since we had this available in our lab, but basically you can place any plate on it, for example made of HPL.
In theory, the isolation performance of both stages (active isolator and the Taiko Daiza platform) should be simply added, which means the Panzerholz platform might add more isolation to the high frequency range. If this is audible or not, we don't know.
About the EVP footers - if they are made of rather soft rubber, then the above equipment will form an oscillator together with these soft pads. This might have a (negative) impact upon the isolator in some 'unlucky' constellations, but of course not necessarily. If they are rather hard, then I don't see any problems. I believe the safest solution would be to place a thin layer of rubber (maybe 1 or 2 mm) between the isolator top plate and the Panzerholz.
Feel free to contact me also with a PN for further discussion.
Greetings,
Marcus

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
My Seismion arrived & installed.
The Hiendy Club in Hong Kong is the authorized retailer.

IMG_20221116_190012.jpg
IMG_20221116_190048.jpg

The sonic improvement is exactly what TLi has said on #1?
Shall I buy more? Haha
:D

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

TLi, Thank you for sharing your experience and for introducing us to this product. Is that a Magico rack in the photo? If so, it is the first I have seen in the field, so to speak. It is interesting that the active isolation improves on the Magico constrained layer rack and shelf system. Great photos also.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
anyone has it under a nonsuspended himass tt yet ?
wondering if it will work under my Melco
the pneumatic platform is no good for footfalls on my suspended wooden floor

TLi

May 27, 2016
TLi, Thank you for sharing your experience and for introducing us to this product. Is that a Magico rack in the photo? If so, it is the first I have seen in the field, so to speak. It is interesting that the active isolation improves on the Magico constrained layer rack and shelf system. Great photos also.
Yes, Peter. They are Magico rack, very heavy and expensive.

Actually, it was the showroom of Hong Kong Magico dealer. As a Magico user, I know them very well and they were kind enough to get me try the Seismion on their system. So the rack is not really in the field and I can’t comment on the rack performance.

Reactions: CKKeung and PeterA

Anthony Ho

Aug 19, 2019
I also bought a Seismion platform and it sounds quite amazing on my preamp. Separation of musical instruments were much better, notice of fine layering in the soundstage, result in wider and taller stage unlike the other products i've tried (i.e spikes, passive platform) which always uplift the soundstage but losing bottom information.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Has anyone compared the Seismion to the Accurion i4? I understand that Seismion has a linear PSU vs a switching unit in the i4; what else?

TLi

May 27, 2016
Has anyone compared the Seismion to the Accurion i4? I understand that Seismion has a linear PSU vs a switching unit in the i4; what else?
I have Seismion Reactio and Accurion i4. They both come with a switching power supply. Seismion uses 12V and standard 3.5mm DC jack. Accurion is 24V and uses a special screw-in industrial connector. It is very easy to replace the power supply of Seismion with any standard linear 12V supply. Accurion is a little more difficult because of the connector.

The power consumption of Seismion is small, about 3W, so even a battery pack DC supplier can drive it many hours.

The sound is certainly better with Seismion but Accurion has self leveling function which can be useful in turntable support.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I have Seismion Reactio and Accurion i4. They both come with a switching power supply. Seismion uses 12V and standard 3.5mm DC jack. Accurion is 24V and uses a special screw-in industrial connector. It is very easy to replace the power supply of Seismion with any standard linear 12V supply. Accurion is a little more difficult because of the connector.

The power consumption of Seismion is small, about 3W, so even a battery pack DC supplier can drive it many hours.

The sound is certainly better with Seismion but Accurion has self leveling function which can be useful in turntable support.
Thank you. I am contemplating using isolation platforms under the DarTZeel pre (18NS) and power amp (108), which are on Taiko Daiza bases, and a Wolf von Langa field coil power supply. Since the self-levelling is not important, I think the choice is clear: Seismion.

Reactions: TLi and CKKeung

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Can anyone please comment on how I intend to stack the devices:
Shelf -> Seismion -> Daiza (flat, no feet) -> Daiza feet -> Component (e.g., DarTZeel Preamp; not using the stock feet)

I see that a 1-2mm rubber sheet was recommended above, between the Seismion and Daiza, but not sure why. Perhaps someone can explain this further.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing