SFORZATO Introduces unique modern Network Players, DAC and Master Clock

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Hi All

Here I want to introduce to our community a new interesting brand that has not yet been in the US.

SFORZATO is a Japanese manufacturer of Hi-End Network Stream Players (DAC) and Master Clocks.
All Sforzato products are designed and manufactured according to the Top Hi-End Audio concept.
The main idea of the brand is to achieve maximum musical expression with the help of maximum sound quality.

The new generation of Sforzato network players are equipped with powerful modern CPU that natively supports all formats PCM 768 kHz and DSD512, are Roon Ready, MQA certified and support streaming services TIDAL and Qobuz, and is ready for any development in the future.

Sforzato DSP-010EX.jpg
SFORZATO DSP-010EX

Sforzato DSP-030EX.jpg
SFORZATO DSP-030EX

Sforzato DSP-050EX.jpg
SFORZATP DSP-050EX

https://alexsoundtech.com/sfz/products

Players use custom?made software to achieve excellent sound quality via Ethernet (LAN) connection and D/A conversion.
In addition to custom firmware, special attention is paid to three things:

1. Transmitting all music data in native formats without any processing or conversions.
Support of NON?OVERSAMPLING playback, as a result, the sound remains more natural.

2. Precision Master Clock technology provides a pure clock with minuscule phase noise, dramatically improving all digital audio devices with 10MHz clock input. Sforzato has a large line of Master Clock generators of various levels, up to the ultimate level.
As well as models implemented on different types of crystals - quartz and rubidium.

3. Powerful, well-tuned, fully separated external linear power supplies.
For example external LPS of DSP-010EX has 7 separate power transformers and 21 independent regulated power lines! Weighing 17 kg.

SFZ DSP-010EX rear.jpg
Sforzato DSP-010EX set
SFZ DSP-030EX.JPG
Sforzato DSP-030EX
SFZ DSP-010EX PS.jpg
Sforzato Power Supply DSP-010EX
SFZ PMC-010EX.JPG
Sforzato PMC-010EX

Sforzato is one of the few players that supports DIRETTA – completely new network protocol designed for Hi?End Audio.
Diretta uses a software approach to reduce noise and inrush current during data transmission.
The network player SFORZATO, using the Diretta protocol, realizes the LAN DAC function, which allows playing music from a PC via Sforzato player over a network or even directly (bypassing a router).

https://www.diretta.link/
PIC-8.png
One of Sforzato's last big achievements in collaboration with SoulNote was their joint patented ZERO LINK technology.
The main idea of ZERO LINK is very simple and is that you don't have to do anything extra! This is a guarantee of quality music and sound.

The key of ZERO LINK is that the Master Clock is the DAC, not the Transport as usual.
The main purpose of the ZERO LINK connection between the transport and the DAC is to eliminate anything that runs asynchronously with the DAC clock and that is a source of noise for the DAC, which runs in sync with the D/A conversion clock.
More about it here: https://alexsoundtech.com/sfz/zerolink

PIC-9.jpg
Alex.

Last edited:

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
On the Japanese HP of SFORZATO I came across the DSC-Grus DAC:

Very interesting for me, it is a pure USB-DAC and the least expensive SFORZATO DAC, the price should be 5k or less.
Any experiences with this DAC? Maybe @Alex Sound Technology or @gleeds or @pachankolabs ?
Thx

Matt

Last edited:

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com

Very interesting for me, it is a pure USB-DAC and the least expensive SFORZATO DAC, the price should be 5k or less.
Any experiences with this DAC? Maybe @Alex Sound Technology or @gleeds or @pachankolabs ?
Thx

Matt

Thx

Matt
Hi Matt,
The Japanese DSC-Grus is a pure USB DAC, almost a complete analogue of the export DSP-050EX. The only difference is that the DSP-050EX is a network player, which in addition to the USB input also has a LAN (SFP) input for connecting to the network. Everything else (the DAC itself and power suppy) is the same as in Grus.

The main purpose of DSC-Grus is not just a USB DAC, but part of a two-block network player, if you add to it the network transport DST-050, which connects to the network via LAN (SFP).
In this case, two huge advantages of Sforzato are realized compared to a conventional USB-DAC:
1. Network connection (LAN-DAC) which is better than any USB connection.
2. Implementation of Zero Link, which is already included in Grus + DST-050.

But you can always use DSC-Grus as a regular USB-DAC.
Since there is no complete export analogue of DSC-Grus, the cost has not been determined. But it could very well be 5k or less. If there is a specific interest, I can ask the manufacturer.

Alex

Reactions: matthias

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
no complete export analogue of DSC-Grus
Thanks Alex,
I didn't know that Sforzato offers one line for the Japanese market and another one for the international market.
In contrast Soulnote which has a similar product philosophy seem to offer everywhere the same devices.
As I am not interested in network connectivity I liked the minimalist approach of the DSC Grus.
This would be an interesting DAC if @pachankolabs offers a direct Zero Link output from their servers, maybe something to consider in the future?

Matt

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing