Tiger by Onitsuka, Puma, Y-3, and Converse for Leisure

Speedwell for driving

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Florsheim's for DRESS
New Balance for SPORT
Viking sandals for AROUND THE HOUSE (similar to Birkenstocks)

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Haven't heard of Ecco, but I have some Mephisto sandals that have seen better days! LOL! Can't get rid of them.......like a comfy sweater....

John

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
My foot doctor recommended Allen-Edmond and Johston-Murphy-something [can't read his handwriting :) ]. Anyone familiar with them? He said the former goes for $300 or so!

He said he likes shoes that cannot be twisted.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ecco and Mephisto should be on the list

Great walking shoes I've been told. I normally get away with wearing black sneakers though so I never really got to try a pair of either.

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California

'Nuff said!!! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
I like a lot of the better Teva sandals to walk around in myself. Comfortable with a surprising amount of support. I can remember reading about some hikers that had their hiking boots fail on something like the Pacific Crest Trail that they were able to continue to hike in their Tevas. :eek: :cool:

Rich

Jay_S

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
San Francisco - East Bay
My foot doctor recommended Allen-Edmond and Johston-Murphy-something [can't read his handwriting :) ]. Anyone familiar with them? He said the former goes for $300 or so!

He said he likes shoes that cannot be twisted.

For American-style tranditional work shoes, Alden is the best, followed by Allen-Edmonds. Yes, the AEs start at $300 and the Aldens are more. But both brands are made to last out of extemely high qualifty materials, are comfortable, and can be recrafted at the factory to like-new condition at reasonable cost. Both are U.S. made.

Reactions: PeterA

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I am a long term Clarks & Rockport user and has gone through at least 10 pairs of these in the last 20 years. I still have 4 pairs in use, Clarks are very durable. I used to work for a bank and hated wearing dress shoes all day everyday. Also have a pair of Mephisto (expensive but worth it) and Timberland.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
For criminal activity Bruno Mali.
Boots Timberland
Johnston Murphy is a classic dress shoe. excellent

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
ECCO are great shoes made in Scandinavia. I use to wear them. They lasted for years. Now all my leather goods are from Allen Edmonds. They make shoes in America, are excellently finished, and carry wide widths. Their belts and wallet are sensibly classic. Yes, they cost more, but you just never have to buy more. My Allen Edmunds english tan boat shoes are comfortable, and distinctive. Their dress shoes are timeless.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Loafers and dress shoes are J.M. Weston since I was introduced to them by a buddy. They just fit my feet perfectly. Excellent materials and construction to go with the classic designs.

These work from home days however it's mostly Flip flops and Adidas Ultra Boosts :(

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
New guys always wake up the long gone threads, welcome Superman!
Me, Nike running shoes for everything, usually the Pegasus line. Its the only shoe I have ever worn that does not make my feet or lower back tired and sore at the end of the day. I am on my feet almost all day. I have tried all the expensive "you gotta try these" brands and no dice. I am 6'3 and two hundred and ..........pounds and shoe comfort matters.
So what ever the event is that I get invited to, doesn't matter what the dress code I will have the Nike's on. I do have a couple pairs that are all black and you cant see the logos at all.
They changed my life.
On the humanitarian side I hate the company with a passion and have tried other shoes and they all kill my feet and back.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
All the Italian shoes Lagonda said good for cable lifting my Kuro, I love them all.

You have to listen stereo with style.

9A72EAD0-6D93-4A51-86F2-D18654B6EB81.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing