Showrooms in/near LA, looking for Tube Gear, Exotic 300B tubes in particular

stgr1m

Jun 19, 2019
Hi All,

I have a business associate that will be in the LA area, he wants to check out some high end dealers that carry tube gear in particular gear that uses 300b tubes and also to visit tube dealers to check out some exotic 300bs. His home country has a very limited high end community/dealers in general hence he wants to buy here and bring the equipment back. Do you have any recommendations? Have already made appointment with Upscale Audio, but that's the only one I know of as I'm based in Chicago. Thanks for your advice in advance!

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Scott Walker Audio

JMSound

The Audio Solon

Not sure what gear all of them have but he could call and find out. I do know JMSound has Canary Audio gear which is killer IMO.

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
None really have that low watt tube gear here - head to Palm Springs, 2 hrs east, and you can hear that genre at Pitch Perfect Audio. Matt’s a great guy.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
None really have that low watt tube gear here - head to Palm Springs, 2 hrs east, and you can hear that genre at Pitch Perfect Audio. Matt’s a great guy.
Hmm I thought I must have missed the OP comment saying he wanted low watts. I know Canary Audio has 300B amps from 8 - 120 watts. But based on the OP comment he is looking for a 300B amp. He didn't specify watts.

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I am a Southern California audio dealer/importer and agree with Keith, Pitch Perfect in Palm Springs is a solid suggestion. Also reach out to Santy, the US Importer for Triode Of Japan who makes some awesome 300B amplifiers and is in SoCal. His number is 951-347-2732 and web, https://twinaudiovideo.com/
Unfortunately, I don't believe Scott Walker and Audio Salon (both fine high-end dealers) will have much in the way of 300b products but do check to be certain if they can help.

Depending on your customer's level of interest I would be open to arranging for the audition of 1 or 2 "exotic" 300B amplifiers e.g., Tron, Takatsuki, Trafomatic at my showroom in Newport Beach but would need to dial in with you on specific details of his interest and companion components used, etc. I'm curious what country your friend is from?

Hope this helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing