Shunyata PS8 with ARC Ref250 mono amps ?

Antmou

Feb 18, 2019
Hi all
as introduction my system consists of Audio Research Ref3, cd7 and previously a Ref110. All of this on MG1.7i. All gears connected to a PS8, the ref110 with a python alpha helix , others stock, and the ps8 with Alpha HC to the wall (shunyata SR-Z1).

I just received 2 Ref250 amps yesterday. :eek:
They play wonderfully. :p:p:p
So much energy that at 1st we are overwhelmed and think they are yelling. But after a while, i now hear the difference on the soundstage , which is very layered , and that all details are now arising, not heard before with my ref110, which was already a revelation compared to my old VS110. No compression which is misleading as you are willing to increase the sound level and then realize it is too loud..... :eek:

Just one question:
i have plugged both of them in my powerstrip Shunyata ps8 with other gears (Ref3 and cd7) . Should i avoid that and separate both monos (1 in the powerstrip and 1 in another wall socket which is at the opposite side of the room, but maybe they are anyway connected somewhere behind the walls) or they are not limited being in the same powerstrip ? What do you advise or what is your experience ?

p.s :
i plan to find another Alpha HC to put them on my monos and put a vemon HC from the ps8 to the wall waiting for better.....

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I’d always try and have my mono amps into separate mains sockets with the other components into your power strip etc.

dhart86

Oct 18, 2019
Let me know if you are looking for a Alpha HC power cords. I may have one available. I am waiting for a new cord which arrives tomorrow. I also would think that you would not want to plug both monos in the same power strip, but thats just an opinion and not based on any factual info.

Antmou

Feb 18, 2019
Thanks for the advices. I found already an Alpha HC the day i posted the 1st message.
As i rent currently i cannot modify the circuit of the room to have a dedicated line.
i was told to have 1 line for the amps, eventually with a 2000T from the wall to the amps. And then 1 line to the preamp, cd.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing