Shunyata Research - New Products for 2020

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
SCAudiophile, you got the OK for commenting on pre-production prototype? Mfg’s typically are pretty quiet about announcing new products before their official debut.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Is that really a thing? I googled it and found nothing on it.

It was mentioned on another forum by Caelin himself. Regarding will there be a v2 Denali tower in North America.

I’m not sure if the admin deleted the thread but , probably not since he is a Shunyata dealer.

The tower form factor will live on but , I’m guessing the model # as I heard it will be more than just a minor spec bump.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
It was mentioned on another forum by Caelin himself. Regarding will there be a v2 Denali tower in North America.

I’m not sure if the admin deleted the thread but , probably not since he is a Shunyata dealer.

The tower form factor will live on but , I’m guessing the model # as I heard it will be more than just a minor spec bump.
Regarding the V2 tower, The Cable Company even had it listed with a price for several months following the 6000S V2 announcement, footnoting that it wasn't yet available. It's since been removed from TCC's offerings.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Looks like Shunyata has shown off their production Alpha V2 Power cables at the Florida Audio Expo. As mentioned earlier by @SCAudiophile

Hopefully we will learn more soon via an official press release.

Does this replace the existing Alpha NR in in the power cable lineup? Or does the V2 sit above the current Alpha NR in terms of price and performance?

Personally, I'm awaiting a Sigma NR V2 or a cable that has some of the Omega's tech and performance but, at a lower price point.

Most likely it will lack the QR but contain the new conductor.

I assume that is forthcoming but, we will see.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Based on comments from the FLAX show, the Alpha V2 NR is expect to outperform the Sigma V1 NR at $2K price (33% above V1 Alpha but also 33% less than V1 Sigma).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdp632

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Seems to be a lot of new products coming out but very little information about them. The marketing department needs to step up their game.

ken6217

Sep 28, 2017
I would say that they know what they're doing. If the products were close to being released, they would announce it.

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
Don't think they'd show them at shows if they aren't close to release. Also things have a tendency to just show up on their website with no info or press release anywhere else.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
You can pre-order the Alpha v2 power cables already at Suncoast Audio in Sarasota. As mentioned they were at the Florida Audio Expo and I think Mike (Suncoast) has been testing 3 of them.
Ac2-02.jpg Acs-03.jpg Av2-01.jpg

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Looks like @CGabriel of Shunyata has posted a teaser pre-production pic of the upcoming Denali 8/8000T flagship conditioner on another forum.

Looks like a bigger chassis and not just two more outlets. So, hope many of the Triton V3's tech is inside. Bigger QR etc..

Since the Triton V3 is now discontinued (?). I assume this will be the current flagship. Until of course the Triton's replacement arrives.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Looks like @CGabriel of Shunyata has posted a teaser pre-production pic of the upcoming Denali 8/8000T flagship conditioner on another forum.

Looks like a bigger chassis and not just two more outlets. So, hope many of the Triton V3's tech is inside. Bigger QR etc..

Since the Triton V3 is now discontinued (?). I assume this will be the current flagship. Until of course the Triton's replacement arrives.

Yes the Triton v3 has been discontinued. My dealer confirmed this a few weeks ago. As you, I'm assuming that the D8T pic is the prototype of their top of the line offering. Another post was begun yesterday on this:

Shunyata D8T

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
I've been a big fan of Shunyata for years. I'm currently running:

- Delta NRs to 50 watt Valvet monoblocks
- Alpha NRs to a Joule Electra LA-300 ME preamp
- Alpha NR to a Triton V3
- Alpha Digital PC to an Innuos Zenith streamer
- Sigma Digital PCs to both a Berkeley Alpha DAC and Berkeley Alpha USB converter.

On the signal side - I'm running a Sigma Ethernet from the wall to the Innuos streamer, and an Alpha AES/EBU cable from the Alpha USB converter to the DAC, with a Sigma USB from the Innuos streamer to the DAC.

Speaker cables are Annaconda ZTRONs

As more folks move to the new QR cables, I'm sure more of the SIgmas will be entering the used market.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
Yes the Triton v3 has been discontinued. My dealer confirmed this a few weeks ago. As you, I'm assuming that the D8T pic is the prototype of their top of the line offering. Another post was begun yesterday on this:

Shunyata D8T

I've been seeing the new Sigma and Delta power conditioners on the market. The Sigma is listing new for around $5K. The Triton V1 was listing for $9k back in the day....How does the Sigma compare to the Triton V3s? I just had my V1 upgraded to the Triton V3 a few months ago. I wonder how much QR technology was thrown into the upgrade.

Ekmanc

Nov 25, 2012
The way I understand things the new hydra sigma and alpha products do not contain any QR at all but you need to step up to the Denali series to get that technology.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Shunyata gear used to be easily separated but now it is confusing as to what does what.

Reactions: ack

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
The way I understand things the new hydra sigma and alpha products do not contain any QR at all but you need to step up to the Denali series to get that technology.

I sent an email to Richard Rogers at Shunyata regarding the differences between my Triton V3 and the newly released Sigma conditioner. His reply was:

"Big differences here. The new Performance series power distributors (Delta, Alpha and Sigma) are built from the tech and design of the original Triton v1/v2 era. So your Triton V3 is definitely superior and has a big edge over the new Sigma."

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Wonder if the new Denail 8/8000T will surpass the Triton V3 in performance ? IMHO has to equal it at least if it is going to be the current flagship.

If I were to guess the Triton V3 replacement flagship will be a huge one box (mini fridge) size 12 outlet box and cost around 20K USD.

Triton Omega perhaps?

Looking forward to hearing more about the 8T and I assume Sigma NR V2 power cables this year. If the Alpha V2 were announced ; hope Sigma NR V2 is next.

An Omega cable without the QR to hit a lower price point.

Shunyata is on a roll for 2020 and its only March.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
I'm awaiting the Denali 8000T ; the successor to the Denali 6000T in North America.

Supposedly its the new flagship replacing Triton V3/Typhon QR.

Until....most likely a 12 outlet Hydra Omega Conditioner that is the size of mini fridge :eek:

We'll see what happens. I can't wait but, I'm sure my wallet wouldn't mind the wait :)

I emailed Richard Rogers at Shunyata for the difference between the Triton V3 and the "Everest". This was his reply:

The new tower, Everest 8000T, will be the replacement for the Triton V3 even though it’s “technically” not a direct replacement due to it being a tower and the Triton is a shelf unit.

The main differences between the Everest and Triton are: Improved QRBB chambers, an advanced CGS (chassis grounding system), updated version of the med filters and outlets that are all high current capable and fully isolated from one another. The TV3’s outlets use our CCI modules to filter between duplex’s but the Everest, like the 6Sv2, will have most all of its 8 outlets completely isolated from one another.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
My understanding is that the Everest is the replacement for the Triton V3.

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
I see that Everest is now on the Shunyata site. I gather it would be available for ordering from dealers as of today. Just a guess.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing