Shunyata Research - New Products for 2020

pleroma

Jul 7, 2018
I heard some noise on my front porch this morning and as a large white truck was speeding away I saw he left this:

Attachments

• Everest.jpg
    Everest.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: ack

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
You will love it. The everest is awesome

Reactions: ack and pleroma

pleroma

Jul 7, 2018
The everest is awesome

Wow, Caelin said this was the culmination of his career at Shunyata, and I think so too.

In between albums I heard a shout in the distance "are you going to listen to music all night or are you coming to eat?!" I like to eat. That says it all ;)

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
indeed i love my everests! so much so i am using them as a mono setup - 1 for each side:) overkill maybe

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I also am loving my Everest. Superb product.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I am receiving new Sigma NR V2 cables, so I have two Sigma NR V1 cables to sell, both Schuko connectors. one ending with C15 and the other with C19. PM to me if you are interested. Very good price.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I just finished my system up with 3 Sigma NR v2 and 2 Alpha NR v2 I also purchased Sigma v2 RCA along with a Omega USB . I’m also using Sigma v1 speaker cables . After moving cables around I will be replacing the 2 Alpha power cables also with Sigma , to me ears it a good step above .

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
I ordered 5 Sigma NR V2s and 1 Sigma V2 XC. Two V2s into the McIntosh amps, two V2s into the Aesthetix Io Eclipse dual power supply phono amp, 1 Sigma NR V2 into the Octave Jubilee reference preamp, and the Sigma V2 XC into the PS audio power conditioner. Can’t wait to upgrade from my older, and I mean real old Anacondas, Phythons and Black Mambas.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Congratulation @audioquest4life that's one monster order that will bring great results (IMHO)!

Reactions: audioquest4life

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
@SCAudiophile,

Thank you. Yes, it was quite the splurge, but after reading yours and others reviews about the Sigma NR V2s and how a new “vocabulary“ or “vernacular..my words” must be used when describing these new power cables, I knew these were going to be a game changer. This is when I realized that these must be truly incredible and amazing for our systems based upon the years of reviewer and audio hobbyist experiences providing such great and informative feedback that I needed to adorn my system with these to exploit all what my system can do….and it is no slouch now. Can’t Wait. I only hope that my large order does not clog the manufacturer and delivery time….I need these now

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I also made an order for some new power cables. My previous ARC Ref 160m amps required 20amp cable termination, the incoming Pilium Achilles amp requires a pair of normal 15amp cables. Previously these were Sigma v1, now to be v2. I also am upgrading my cable feeding the Triton from the wall to a Sigma XC, where this was a Sigma analog. I had a couple Alpha NR cables delivery current to my ARC Ref10 preamp (again a 20amp receptacle), and my dCS Rossini DAC, these are being upgraded to Alpha NR v2.

I had been using an older Python to feed the turntable power supply, and another for the CS Port phono stage, but the CS Port is battery driven. So for those two I chose a couple Venom NR cables with a little extra length—and the flexibility will be a plus.

Since I‘m changing so much of my rig, I decided to stay with Shunyata power because I like and appreciate their products and approach. I am, similarly, staying with my Transparent signal and speaker cables, though I did send the interconnects between the pre and power amp, and the speaker cables in for recalibration.

Reactions: audioquest4life

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
I also made an order for some new power cables. My previous ARC Ref 160m amps required 20amp cable termination, the incoming Pilium Achilles amp requires a pair of normal 15amp cables. Previously these were Sigma v1, now to be v2. I also am upgrading my cable feeding the Triton from the wall to a Sigma XC, where this was a Sigma analog. I had a couple Alpha NR cables delivery current to my ARC Ref10 preamp (again a 20amp receptacle), and my dCS Rossini DAC, these are being upgraded to Alpha NR v2.

I had been using an older Python to feed the turntable power supply, and another for the CS Port phono stage, but the CS Port is battery driven. So for those two I chose a couple Venom NR cables with a little extra length—and the flexibility will be a plus.

Since I‘m changing so much of my rig, I decided to stay with Shunyata power because I like and appreciate their products and approach. I am, similarly, staying with my Transparent signal and speaker cables, though I did send the interconnects between the pre and power amp, and the speaker cables in for recalibration.
Sounds like we have the same ideas and goals regarding keeping the power cord family the same by using the latest from Shunyata.

I have been contemplating upgrading my turntable power supply to either the Venom NR V10 or the Venom V14 digital. Did you notice any changes when you started using the Python?

My power supply is this: http://www.solidstate-audio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6913

It is a regulated power supply and speed controller.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
its been a very long time… sadly no recollection.
That is okay…the addition of all of the other power cables will more than likely be a breathtaking experience.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I do use a Shunyata Alpha Analog in the TT power supply. I believe it helps as they power supply’s can be subject to lots of noise and contributing noise to the system back through the power cord.

2Windows

Sep 20, 2020
Does anyone knows if will be released the Omega analogue interconnect any time soon?

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
This one’s best left to Shunyata to answer. As best as I can determine the Omega interconnects add the Transverse Axial Polarizer (TAP) feature to the CMODE on the cables. But the Omega moniker may simply be just a label - nothing more. Maybe at some point a new upper echelon called Omega, or something else will emerge. So, with TAP already on Sigma analogue interconnects the missing piece, if deemed viable, would be CMODE. I‘m not technically knowledgeable to say if that is necessary for analog signals…

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
This one’s best left to Shunyata to answer. As best as I can determine the Omega interconnects add the Transverse Axial Polarizer (TAP) feature to the CMODE on the cables. But the Omega moniker may simply be just a label - nothing more. Maybe at some point a new upper echelon called Omega, or something else will emerge. So, with TAP already on Sigma analogue interconnects the missing piece, if deemed viable, would be CMODE. I‘m not technically knowledgeable to say if that is necessary for analog signals…

Does anyone knows if will be released the Omega analogue interconnect any time soon?

It will be interesting to see if an Omega flagship line makes its way to analog interconnects and speaker cables.

If so, my guess is that their QR/BB tech could perhaps be applied these cables. Which would be the main difference over Sigma V2.

The thought of having this technology on speaker cables to "supercharge" current delivery to speakers is quite intriguing.

If , of course this is it at possible in these applications.

That said, if this ever becomes a reality, and it is anything like the QR/BB tech in the Denali/Everest and Omega QR power cables.

We are in for a treat.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
It will be interesting to see if an Omega flagship line makes its way to analog interconnects and speaker cables.

If so, my guess is that their QR/BB tech could perhaps be applied these cables. Which would be the main difference over Sigma V2.
Here’s one of the patents that covers QR/BB: https://patents.google.com/patent/US10031536B2/en?oq=10,031,536

As you can see it covers the very specific case of converting from AC to DC:

”Because power supplies pull current in instantaneous pulses, and because the inventive device is positioned very near the power supply, it is able to supply a reserve of electrical charge independent of the inductive impedance of the AC power line. This objective is achieved because the inventive circuit provides a local reserve of power in the form of “electric charge” or Coulomb charge. It mitigates the inductive reactance of the AC power line. When placed near a power supply, the apparatus acts as an instantaneous current reserve. Its operation can be described as analogous to that of a reserve ballast air tank in a compressed air system: instead of storing compressed air locally, the apparatus stores an electrical charge that can be delivered upon demand from the power supply.”

I would think we’d want to avoid storing a charge when it comes to signal cables. But honestly it‘s above my pay grade.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing