Siemens E83CC

wstam

Feb 17, 2013
Hi,

I bought a pair of Siemens E83CC many years back (I actually forget about it :p). I can see the triple-mica. The words on one tube is faded but the other one can be read. How do I interpret the code 34300? Which year was this made and where?

Thanks.

Siemens E83CC 1.jpg Siemens E83CC 2.jpg

wstam

Feb 17, 2013
Hi, after posting this, I learn from another forum that I need to read the acid etched codes for the info. Unfortunate the acid etched code on one tube is so faded and not readable (I didn't notice it at first) and I couldn't see it at all on the other tube.

Thx.

cedreige

Jan 8, 2016
Germany
Hello ,
Siemens tubes have an etched code like this on their tubes ( tube vertical ) :

xx
xx
xx

and Valvo codes you must read so ( tube vertical ) :

xxx
xxx(x)

http://frank.pocnet.net/other/Philips/PhilipsCodeListAB.pdf
Sorry , it exist no Siemens code list in the net .

Kind regards , Alexander .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing