Sigma cable variant for Devialet

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
As IEC socket on Devialet is very tight, it is next to impossible to use new Sigma cables. I wonder whether Shunyata will make a dedicated Sigma variant cable for Devialet to take advantage of new Sigma technology. As Devialet is power amp and DAC in one piece, Shunyata may be can make a hybrid Sigma HC and digital for Devialet.

1BlinkGone

Apr 6, 2015
I second the question, planning to be a Devialet user myself. Looks like another Shunyata PC product may work; but not the Sigma series, which would be a terrible shame. Shunyata can you help us out? Thanks in advance.

EDIT- have you looked in the Shunyata Accessories section? they have a Universal Power Adapter made for tight IEC situations like the Mark Levinson products. I don't see why these wouldn't work for the Devialet line of products as well. I know it's not the same as a dedicated PC solution, but this may be just fine. Just a thought.

Last edited:

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I use 2 of the SHUNYATA - ZITRON ALPHA DIGITAL POWER CABLES on my Devialet 400. Seems great. I just leave off the back cover.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
I use 2 of the SHUNYATA - ZITRON ALPHA DIGITAL POWER CABLES on my Devialet 400. Seems great. I just leave off the back cover.
Why can't you order these cables with an IEC connector like the Cardas that fits under the back cover?
Why does any Digital component like the Devialets that have filtered PEMs need a special "digital" PC?

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I could, but don't feel like spending the money. I already had the Alpha Digital cables so I figured I'd use them. Do I "need" to use them? I don't know. I love what I am hearing and that's good enough for me.

Why can't you order these cables with an IEC connector like the Cardas that fits under the back cover?
Why does any Digital component like the Devialets that have filtered PEMs need a special "digital" PC?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
As IEC socket on Devialet is very tight, it is next to impossible to use new Sigma cables. I wonder whether Shunyata will make a dedicated Sigma variant cable for Devialet to take advantage of new Sigma technology. As Devialet is power amp and DAC in one piece, Shunyata may be can make a hybrid Sigma HC and digital for Devialet.

We make a cable that was specifically designed for the Devialet called the Z-PC10 that will fit with the cover on. it is roughly equivalent to the Alpha Digital in performance.

As Erik and Joe have already said, the Sigma fits fine with the cover off.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing