Small town shopping. The perks..

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
In a small town not far from were I live there is a grocery shop, no.. there are 4 grocery shops.
In one of them works 3 blond girls. You can always tell when they are at work, because the parking lot outside that shop is then filled to the brim with cars. The other shops in town? Vacant...
So today, I was in that shop, and waddayaknow, now they have hired one more blond woman. So now I guess there are 4 blond 19 to 20'ish year old women working in that shop.
Now, if I say that these young females are the most pretty girls in town (in their age group), I think I am correct.

Anyway. Lets talk about the prettiest one of them. She has a problem with the top button on her blouse. It keeps popping open.
So there we are in the line right... and pop goes the top button on her blouse, again...
So this dude right in front of me dropped a glass bottle of mouthwash. smack to the floor, content everywhere.
The woman does not even bat an eyelash... She's seen it before...
All the other men in the queue slowly nod to each other and smile, ever so slight... Their wives look sternly at the poor dude that dropped the bottle. His face rivaling the tomatoes he's also put on the conveyer...

Ah the perks of living in a small town.

Such a lovely summer this year, yes I think it is lovely indeed! :D

Imperial

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Nothing in life is fair and goes according to the plans of the PC police no matter how much social engineering they put in place. Hiring beautiful people to work at your store is not the same as hiring those afflicted with disabilities both mental and physical, but it sure won't hurt business. I'm all for hiring the handicapped, specially when they can match the skills they possess to the job they hired them for. Our local Sam's Club used to have a guy in a wheelchair that had lots of physical challenges that they hired to work the entrance to look at your membership card when you walked in the door which was great. Then Sam's came across the great idea to have this individual work the exit door where he had to draw the famous yellow line down your receipt before you were allowed to walk out the door. Because this poor guy could barely see and barely had use of his arms with minimal coordination, drawing a line down the receipt was a major physical challenge for him. Now all of a sudden the exit line was backed way up with people waiting for him to painfully draw the yellow stripe down the receipt which always infuriated me even when able-bodied people did it because I didn't appreciate the "thief" treatment from a store that I pay money to in order to belong.

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
One of my buddies from school was in a wheel chair. He was a bouncer at a bar in town some years.
Worked just fine actually. The grip on that fellow was herculean. He would grab the dude and by the sheer pressure from his hand the drunkard would wimp
and that was the end of that brawl.

Doing a job is important. It gives pride. I agree completely. There is room for talent, in any shape form or manner, if there are employers that knows the value of good workers.

These blond women I talked about do not sit on their asses in the shop. They go to school, work at the evenings, never get into trouble, brighten the day in the store for all those who like to have their day brightened.
And yes, they neither hurt the eyes nor the business.
Strangely enough this shop is also very popular in this community because all those who work there always smile, say hi, hows your day, stuff like that. They have those 5 - 45 seconds extra to give for each customer...
And let's not forget the blond's...

Imperial.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing