SME 30/12 or VPI Avenger Reference or Kronos Pro or Tech Das Airforce 3 or...

Vienna

VIP/Donor
As I am looking to upgrade my turntable (currently own a VPI Prime Signature) I need your opinion and your experience on the title’s turntables
Any other suggestion is welcomed

Thanking you in advance

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My favorites over the techdas AF3 and AF1, SME 30/2 (never heard the 30 / 12 properly), kuzma all models, is the Brinkmann Balance, or if you have more money and can do with only one arm, Vyger Atlantis. Also, keep it to the EU, many TTs here. No need to import

Reactions: Vienna

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Avid Acutus Reference or even the mono version. Superb looking, easy to set up and sound quality to match. Excellent customer support and service, should it ever be required.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I have listened to a lot of turntables and out of the ones you listed, Kronos has been the one I have been impressed with by the most. If I ever upgrade my Acoustic Solid One to One, I would seriously look at a Kronos if i had that kind of spare money.

Reactions: Vienna

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
SME 30/12 is one heck of a turntable. However, I do like my Grand Prix Audio Monaco 2.0. Depends if you want to stick with belt or direct drive...

Reactions: Vienna and PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing