Smooth musical cabling suggestion

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi,
Is that a special carpet?
What do you have behind your seating position? How far are you from the back wall?
I have placed absorption behind me and found it was beneficial in obtaining a more relaxed sound.
Yes it is a very thick acoustic carpet, room is less bright even though it was not a bright room in the first place.
I'm sitting very close to the back wall, i use paintings as absorption on the walls.
My speakers sound best when far from the side walls this why i chose this positioning.
Speakers are 8 feet from tweeter to tweeter and i'm sitting 9 feet from each of them.
Thiel speakers image best when pointing straight ahead.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Who makes it and where did you get it?
It's a big French store called Saint-Maclou, they have huge selection of carpets for all kinds of use.
Also purchased acoustic curtains as you can see in the pic.
This way i don't use any audiophile acoustic treatment and my wife is happy this way :p
I don't yet have a dedicated listening room, this will come in a few years.

_Alchemist_

May 19, 2020
I placed these behind the seating position and it made a nice difference. You can easily blend them in the decor of the room. I use these but they have various types of absorbers.
Artnovion also has cool stuff

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I finally found out where the trebel harshness comes from in my system.
It is mostly my Diablo 300 which is responsible for that because when we demoed the Audionet Humboldt in my system all of the glare was suddenly gone, my Thiel speakers sounded so liquid and musical with the Humboldt.
Until i can afford such an amp i will get Cardas Clear Beyond cables which gave very good results in my system to tame the brightness.

Reactions: RnRmf

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Hi guys,

I'm looking to try new speaker cables and interconnects in my system because i find my Gryphon cabling too clear for my speakers and the treble tends to be fatigueing in the long run.
I need to try 100% copper cabling only and the ones that come to mind are Tellurium Q Statement and Audience Front Row.
I only need a set of speaker cables and one set of balanced interconnect.
Please let me know if you have suggestions so i can get a smoother sound thanks.
I suggest Jorma cables, I have Prime and that cable fits your needs perfectly, my system needs the oposite thus selling.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I suggest Jorma cables, I have Prime and that cable fits your needs perfectly, my system needs the oposite thus selling.
I ordered Cardas Clear Beyond SC ans IC, should get them within 10 days.

hoodjem

Mar 12, 2022
Audionote (UK) Lexus: interconnects or speaker cables.
Both are detailed but smooth and musical.
100% copper. No listener fatigue!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scatterbrain99

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Did you ever get to listen to the Tellurium Q?
Yes i did, didn't like the Statement IC not at the level of the SC of the same brand.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Yes i did, didn't like the Statement IC not at the level of the SC of the same brand.
I totally agree with that.
What kind of differences were there between the TQ and Cardas speaker cable?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Shunyata V1 or V2?
I want to share my recent experience with different speaker cables in my system. My comments must be taken in the context of my system/room and my preferences. I'm not saying cable X is better than cable Y. I'm simply describing what I heard in my system. In the past two weeks I've been able to compare Nordost Odin 1, Audience Frontrow, and Shunyata Alpha v2 speakers cables to Clarus Crimson in my system.

Nordost Odin 1- My initial thoughts were wow...great detail across the audio spectrum. The next day I listened for a couple of hours and I felt fatigued, what I initially loved ended up being too much of a good thing in my system.

Audience FrontRow - Had the best 3-dimensional soundstage of all of the cables. Lead singers were pushed in front of my speakers, which gave the illusion of a deeper soundstage. Ultimately everything sounded too mellow and bass articulation was soft compared to the other cables. My wife described the FrontRows as mellow/boring.

Shunyata Alpha v2- They are much better than I remember the Alpha and Sigma series 1 being. Comparing them to the Crimsons were more about trade-offs. Soundstage width and detail was equal across the audio spectrum. My wife thought the Alpha's portrayed voices slightly more naturally, but at the same time said, " voices sound more live with the Crimsons". The most significant difference was the Crimsons produced deeper and more articulate bass.

Please note I'm not talking night and day differences. I am talking about differences that are easily heard when changing cables.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I totally agree with that.
What kind of differences were there between the TQ and Cardas speaker cable?
Sorry i missed that, the TQ SC were smooth but lean and a little boring in my system.
My feeling is that you don't get what you pay for.
The Cardas SC on the other hand for a little less money were much better performer in my system with great resolution, full body, and best bass i've heard to date from any SC cables.
Built quality of the Cardas is much better than TQ.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: RnRmf

hoodjem

Mar 12, 2022
I have Audio Note (UK) Lexus (all copper) interconnects and speaker cables.

They are wonderfully revealing AND rather smooth, slightly warm cables. Compared to some mentioned on here, they are quite reasonably priced. An extra benefit is that they are fairly thin and flexible, not like a fire hose.

hoodjem

Mar 12, 2022
Sorry i missed that, the TQ SC were smooth but lean and a little boring in my system.
My feeling is that you don't get what you pay for.
The Cardas SC on the other hand for a little less money were much better performer in my system with great resolution, full body, and best bass i've heard to date from any SC cables.
Built quality of the Cardas is much better than TQ.
Hope that helps.
Which Cardas speaker cables are these?

Are these Cardas Clear Beyond SCs?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Soon will also demo Cardas Clear Beyond SC, Clear Reflection SC and IC
Hello Thieliste,

Did you ever have occasion to compare Clear Beyond interconnect with Clear Reflection interconnect?

Thank you.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hello Thieliste,

Did you ever have occasion to compare Clear Beyond interconnect with Clear Reflection interconnect?

Thank you.
Hi Ron, Yes at the time i had the distributor over at my place with Clear Reflection and Clear Beyond SCs and ICs.
We compared both looms in my system and i definitely prefered the Clear Beyond, it's got more of everything and a much deeper fuller bass.
Reflection is not as transparent and open but warmer.
Since i wanted a long term cable loom i went with Clear Beyond.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Ron, Yes at the time i had the distributor over at my place with Clear Reflection and Clear Beyond SCs and ICs.
We compared both looms in my system and i definitely prefered the Clear Beyond, it's got more of everything and a much deeper fuller bass.
Reflection is not as transparent and open but warmer.
Since i wanted a long term cable loom i went with Clear Beyond.

Thank you. Your report is consistent with most comparisons of those two Cardas interconnects.

I think I'm happy with my current mix of Clear Beyond for everything except for the very long run which is Clear Reflection.

audiopro92

Nov 25, 2023
Canada
Hi guys,

I'm looking to try new speaker cables and interconnects in my system because i find my Gryphon cabling too clear for my speakers and the treble tends to be fatigueing in the long run.
I need to try 100% copper cabling only and the ones that come to mind are Tellurium Q Statement and Audience Front Row.
I only need a set of speaker cables and one set of balanced interconnect.
Please let me know if you have suggestions so i can get a smoother sound thanks.
high purity copper wire - such as PCOCC, provides a smooth sound compared to something like silver-plated copper or silver; especially with slightly longer runs. all the best!

Dillon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing