Solid state amp recommendations for Sonus Faber Stradivari ...

Adrian Low

Industry Epert
I finally broke down and ordered my pair of Stradivari. :b

I am curious as to what you guys recommend for solid state amplification. From reading some of the posts here, I understand Strads can be difficult to drive properly. I love tubes and think I have that covered. For the times I want music playing and not worry so much about the tubes, what are some really nice solid state options? Thank you for your thoughts.

ps. I do have a Hegel H30 coming and I am Spectral curious.

Congrats Joe. Great speakers. When I had them, we used a variety of amps to play, including the Mc601, ARC Reference 610T, YBA monoblocks, Ayre and others. The McIntosh works well. Try the different taps. I can't remember which worked best, but there was a clear winner on the Mac. Overall the best sound for me was with the ARC 610T Reference. Great combination of power, smoothness, transparency etc. Truly one of the best amps I've heard.

Thought you had Dagostino amps?

Best,
Adrian

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much. I did have the Dag amp. It was nice, but did not reach out and grab me. I'm loving the Hegel H30, among other amps these days. My Pass XA60.5's are wonderful too.

Congrats Joe. Great speakers. When I had them, we used a variety of amps to play, including the Mc601, ARC Reference 610T, YBA monoblocks, Ayre and others. The McIntosh works well. Try the different taps. I can't remember which worked best, but there was a clear winner on the Mac. Overall the best sound for me was with the ARC 610T Reference. Great combination of power, smoothness, transparency etc. Truly one of the best amps I've heard.

Thought you had Dagostino amps?

Best,
Adrian

moreno1973

Mar 9, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Hi

Did anyone heard Devialet driving SF Stradivari? I heard Devialet with Guarneri Evolution and it was a very good setup. I also like my home setup with Auditor M. But I am thinking for future upgrade of my listening room to a bigger one and so I am thinking of Stradivari. Is 26-27 square meters enough for Strad?

Best regards
Chris

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi

Did anyone heard Devialet driving SF Stradivari? I heard Devialet with Guarneri Evolution and it was a very good setup. I also like my home setup with Auditor M. But I am thinking for future upgrade of my listening room to a bigger one and so I am thinking of Stradivari. Is 26-27 square meters enough for Strad?

Best regards
Chris
I think you can definitely drive Strads in a room of 26-27 sqm. I also think Devialet will drive Strads fine...the question is will 2 devialets be better? I remember hearing 1 drive Maxx 3s and the dual setup was definitely better, much more self-assured, dynamic, solid at the extremes of complex orchestral, etc... Having owned the Strads for some time, I can say they respond extremely well to high quality, high current amps. They can sound excellent under many conditions...but they truly sing with that significant amount of power in my experience. Good luck.

Puroplatino

Jun 11, 2021
Hello all. New here and have a quick question. I have a set of Strads coming and have a Mcintosh MA352 integrated amp. Does anyone know if it will work out decent for a while while I save for the MC2301’s and the C1100 preamp? (Edit: a long while)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing