sometimes......you gotta reach back...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
....for an ultimate guilty pleasure.

today was a shitty day. i had to (COVID-19 business related) furlough 50 people.......and i came home hurting. literally. wrung out. my wife could tell, i just needed to heal.........dim the lights......lay back and escape.

vinyl was too much physical effort. i wanted to just chill.......but with attitude......so how about DSOTM? i pulled it up and searched for versions i have......and choose the 2011 Total Immersion 96/24 and let'r rip at warp 9. i have the tape, and the UHQR pressing. but just not in the mood. i've not listened to this for 5-6 years, since before i'd tuned my room, added the MSB, the Extreme, and added the Tana shelves.

it is sounding fresh and new, 'sparkling' even. enveloping.....pulling me in......compelling. the space, the scale, the sound stage, the bass. my bad day........seeming much better right now. this is really great music if you can approach it with the right mind set. music can set you free.

Last edited:

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Amen

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Rough day indeed...I think I'd have a double Manhattan ....

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
....for an ultimate guilty pleasure.

today was a shitty day. i had to (COVID-19 business related) furlough 50 people.......and i came home hurting. literally. wrung out. my wife could tell, i just needed to heal.........dim the lights......lay back and escape.

vinyl was too much physical effort. i wanted to just chill.......but with attitude......so how about DSOTM? i pulled it up and searched for versions i have......and choose the 2011 Total Immersion 96/24 and let'r rip at warp 9. i have the tape, and the UHQR pressing. but just not in the mood. i've not listened to this for 5-6 years, since before i'd tuned my room, added the MSB, the Extreme, and added the Tana shelves.

it is sounding fresh and new, 'sparkling' even. enveloping.....pulling me in......compelling. the space, the scale, the sound stage, the bass. my bad day........seeming much better right now. this is really great music if you can approach it with the right mind set. music can set you free.
Too bad Mike, I've had to let my much valued associate go as well.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry to hear this Mike. My album for that is Metallica And Justice For All.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I don't envy you having that day, Mike. But I also don't feel sorry for you. As much as that sucked, you are retreating to what many would describe as an audio heaven centered around a great home, family, etc. I hope that we'll soon have things figured out and you'll be able to tell us how amazing it was to unfurlough all the employees.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing