Sonus Faber Extrema

Puroplatino

Jun 11, 2021
These are the speakers I may be able to purchase. Can those of you who have knowledge of these speakers comment on these photos? Do the speakers and drivers look correct? Any obvious flaws? Any questions I should be asking? What about those rear bass controls? Do they tend to get wonky with age? Thanks so much.
They look great man. Drivers look pretty new.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
What is for you an appropriate wide and large room. Resp. what do you recommend for set up on the distances for basis width, distance behind the speakers and to the sidewalls?
At less around 40 square meters and about 5 meter wide. IMHO they sound best with more than 1m around them, but it was long ago.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) The real deal now a days is the Electa Amator I. They are still reasonable and can be found in good shape for about €3-€3.5k in Italy. I’m looking for a pair now for a third room.(...)

Well I keep a pair of them for the second room. They play daily in the HT system.

Paal

Jan 4, 2023
Just found this thread - interesting to read about how you all power up your Extrema's. I have had mine (SFE) for almost 15 years and tried different amps on them. Now I am settled with the MF Nu-Vista 300 amp and vdH cabling. Sounds perfectly right in my middle sized room. Bass is tight and well defined, trebles silcy smooth and voices very natural. Love the Extrema's, they will outlive me in my listening room ;-)

Reactions: Birdwatcher

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing