Sonus Faber Gravis VI

MyAudio

Apr 12, 2020
Hi

Anyone tried, owned or demoed the Gravis VI subwoofer?

Considering a pair of these.

Regards

pmrogers-aus

Mar 22, 2021
I recently replaced a pair of JL Audio F113 v1 with a single Gravis VI in our 24'x17'x9' game room to better match up with the Amati Anniversaries in this system, and am happy overall.

The single Gravis doesn't quite keep up with the pair of JLs in lowest bass extension and smoothness of frequency response (much more about 2 subs vs 1 than due to quality differences in the individual subs), but is more than sufficient for our basic 2 channel listening and movie watching. It is of course 500% better looking than the JLs, though I wish there was a bright "Red Violin" finish option to fully match the Anniversarios. It is also very convenient to switch between 2-channel and multi-channel without having to swap cables, only needing to adjust output level via the iOS app (with the 2-channel utilizing the speakon high level inputs and the MX123 coming in on the XLR LFE input).

LadysDriver

May 8, 2023
I recently replaced a pair of JL Audio F113 v1 with a single Gravis VI in our 24'x17'x9' game room to better match up with the Amati Anniversaries in this system, and am happy overall.

The single Gravis doesn't quite keep up with the pair of JLs in lowest bass extension and smoothness of frequency response (much more about 2 subs vs 1 than due to quality differences in the individual subs), but is more than sufficient for our basic 2 channel listening and movie watching. It is of course 500% better looking than the JLs, though I wish there was a bright "Red Violin" finish option to fully match the Anniversarios. It is also very convenient to switch between 2-channel and multi-channel without having to swap cables, only needing to adjust output level via the iOS app (with the 2-channel utilizing the speakon high level inputs and the MX123 coming in on the XLR LFE input).
Hi ,
I have a similar setup to yours and have experienced some issues with the Gravis VI where it would start booming (like a feedback loop for a subwoofer). It seems to happen after a long pause in playback. I love it and most of the time it works flawlessly but when the issue occurs, all you could do it turn it off. Sonus Faber support suggested to send it back but as the issue is not easily reproducible, I am not sure what good that would do.
Thanks In advance!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing