Sound Quality Melco vs Aurender

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Haven't done digital music from a hardrive set up yet. I'm not a computer person so I want to make playing digital music a simple operation, so a one or two box solution is best for me/us.
Have about 2000 CD's and about 80 SACD that my son managed to put on a hard drive for me.
Having read good things about the Melco 1NZ/mk2 and the Aurender N10..
Have narrowed it down to these two servers.
Have read that the user interface on Melco is ok and better with Aurender. We were at a friends place and the Aurender app was easy to use in his system.
Melco just finally released their own music interface using Apple as it's platform. It was released just a few days ago so there is no user feedback yet.
Anyone one with listening experience between these two units ?

My reference when listening to digital in my trusty Audio Research CD7.5.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing