Sound Quality of new roon versions (builds)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
On my pad roon Remote is not updated. It doesn’t work.
Have you opened the App Store and downloaded Roon Remote since Roon 2.0 was released? The Roon Remote app already installed on an iOS device will not automatically update to the newest version. You must download the app again.

I assume the same applies to Android devices.

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Yes I have tried a few times. On my iPad it is not an updated app. Just tried a few minutes ago. Same out come. iPhone works fine.
That’s odd indeed!
If I was having the same problem, I’d power down the iPad, then restart and re-install the Roon Remote app.

Otherwise, I’m out of ideas, as I shared what worked for me today when I had a similar problem. Both my iPhone and iPad updated correctly.

Last edited:

Cyrus

Jun 15, 2018
Yes I have tried a few times. On my iPad it is not an updated app. Just tried a few minutes ago. Same out come. iPhone works fine.

Do you have an older iPad / running on older software?

From Roon: "macOS will require 10.15 as a minimum" Perhaps there is a minimum requirement for iPadOS?

Last edited:

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
The screenshot means your core has been updated to the latest release. You now need to go update your phone.

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Do you have an older iPad / running on older software?

From Roon: "macOS will require 10.15 as a minimum" Perhaps there is a minimum requirement for iPadOS?
This^

Make sure the iPAD (or iPhone) iOS is Version 15.7.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and pjwd

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Luckily, updates on iMac, iPhone and iPad went smoothly. Probably won't use ARC for now, but it is certainly great to have all that new functionality for free. The only thing I don't like about Roon is the Roon Forums :) So much weird speculation and agita.

Reactions: christoph

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Supposedly the new 2.0 requires a constant internet connection (no more offline mode), even if you aren't going to use the mobile feature. :(

This alone brings me pause to do the update; but if I don't do it then I'll see that damn pop-up update balloon every time I open the App on my Phone. Its only a matter of time before I fat finger the button and get something I don't want. :mad:

Might be time to look at other options

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
For those of you updating and upgrading to Roon 2.0 later today make sure that all of your Roon Cores/Servers are up to 1105 and your Roon Bridges are up to build 1125.

If you are running RopiEee endpoints/network transports chances are you should be fine.

If you are running PI-based endpoints with DietPi for, I suggest logging in as root and updating your DietPi and all of its associated services to the latest versions.

Those finding their Roon Bridge version NOT updating and getting an error finding update on the server, log in as root in the configurator uninstall Roon Bridge and Roon Services, Log out. of the session, and then log back in again and re-install them. You will find that they will then update to the latest pre-2.0 build of 1125.

Make sure that your network hardware is configured properly. And that you have access to the configuration console for your respective routers. In most cases you should be able to type the IP address of your router into your browser, and unless you made changes to the username and password, you can google the such information - defaults for most routers on the market.

Good luck today.
Thank you very much for your words of caution

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Supposedly the new 2.0 requires a constant internet connection (no more offline mode), even if you aren't going to use the mobile feature. :(

This alone brings me pause to do the update; but if I don't do it then I'll see that damn pop-up update balloon every time I open the App on my Phone. Its only a matter of time before I fat finger the button and get something I don't want. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up on that… it makes me think twice about going to 2.0 without getting some backup options in place for when the internet inevitably falls out. Might trial running my new modem that has a mobile sim included as a back up if the home internet drops out.

Seems to all be unnecessarily vulnerable. Maybe some people are fine without the constant option for music :eek:

Reactions: cjf and christoph

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Luckily, updates on iMac, iPhone and iPad went smoothly. Probably won't use ARC for now, but it is certainly great to have all that new functionality for free. The only thing I don't like about Roon is the Roon Forums :) So much weird speculation and agita.
Hmm is this just on the Roon forums? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: PYP and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

I think I won't update as long as possible :eek:

Reactions: cjf and 2ndLiner

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing