Speaker Cables With SET Low Powered Amp

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I am not a much of a cable aficionado, but different SET tubes do have different points of emphasis. Lower impedance DHT SET i.e. 300b would emphasize the lower midrange and MIGHT (pending design attributes) soften the upper midrange and highs a bit, could probably see some benefit from silver cables.

High impedance DHT SET i.e. 45's are probably fine with oxygen free copper, their emphasis tends to be an already brisk and clear upper midrange. High impedance DHT tend to have a more gorgeous upper midrange, lower impedance a more fluid midrange and lower midrange.

Overall with cable, you tend to adapt rather quickly to their sound, so minor audible differences tend to be equalized by your brain over time anyway.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I use Synergistic Research Tesla apex with my Audiopax Model 88 30W SET. I tested many cables and chose SR.

Another very good cable indicated for SET is the Auditorium 23. I had it and it was pretty good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing