Speaker cables

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello,

Does anyone have an opinion or experience on these new and particularly innovative Silversmith Audio FIDELIUM speaker cables ?

They seem interesting, especially as they are being promoted until February 29th.

https://silversmithaudio.com/fidelium-speaker-cable/

With my thanks

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
A lot of speaker chassis connectors may be placed too close to each other for the left and right channels of those cables to not interfere with each other.

Reactions: Folsom

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello

Thank you for your warning.

Perhaps you have experience with these cables ?

I have Harbeth SHL5 + the configuration of the terminal blocks is as follows exemple.

Bornier Harbeth.JPG

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
No experience; haven't heard of them. What about on the backside of your amp? Many times bananas are preferable there due to space constraints.

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
It's similar.

It is indeed to be taken into account

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If the binding posts are spaced properly it's hard to beat WBT silver jumpers.

I'd also try hooking up the speaker cables diagonally (+ on highs, - on lows or vice versa), try both ways...

Only comment on the SCs in question, the amount of capacitance and inductance will be different depending on how far apart the individual legs are, and getting R and L electrical characteristics the same will be basically impossible. Speaker cables that have individual + and - legs are a bad idea for this reason.

Reactions: CKKeung

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello, Dave,

I'm French and I read with great interest the Zenwave D4 cable test on Audiophile magazine.

I saw on your site that you have or will have flat speaker cables similar to the ones I mentioned or did I misunderstand?

Besides, I am not a technician and I don't understand your explanations (R and L) and the individual + and - feet which don't seem to be the subject of unfavourable opinions.

Thanks

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Hello, Dave,

I'm French and I read with great interest the Zenwave D4 cable test on Audiophile magazine.

I saw on your site that you have or will have flat speaker cables similar to the ones I mentioned or did I misunderstand?

Besides, I am not a technician and I don't understand your explanations (R and L) and the individual + and - feet which don't seem to be the subject of unfavourable opinions.

Thanks

Ah, ok... R and L are just short for right and left, and + and - are the positive and negative legs of the speaker cable, corresponding to the red and black binding posts. So for speaker cables with individual + and - legs, the amount of capacitance and inductance can vary depending on how far apart they are, getting the same inductance and capacitance for R and L channels is almost impossible.

So for your current setup, if you can fit the WBT silver jumpers I'd try that because they are very short and made of excellent materials, but the spacing between the binding posts must as specified... Also try hooking up your speaker cables so the + leg goes to the highs and - leg goes to the lows, and vice versa. Often this diagonal arrangement works better...

WBT jumpers:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/power-bridge-jumper/wbt-0725-cu-copper-power-bridge-each/

I do have brand new ribbon cables! ;)

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...ilver-and-copper-ribbon-speaker-cables.30034/

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Thank you very much for that clarification. I didn't know about the WBTPower Bridge, which is very interesting.

I'm going to take a close look at all this and your speaker cables and see how I can optimize my system on the cable side.

wcheng

Aug 6, 2012
San Diego
I've been using the fideliums for about 3 months now and they are by far the best speaker cables I've used, including some that were much more expensive. Superior transparency, resolution, neutrality and very low noise floor. They do what a cable is supposed to do, which is to pass the signal given to it without adding noise or distortion. Contact Jeffrey Smith, proprietor of silversmith, with any questions and he is great with detailed answers that are comprehensible to even those without a high level of understanding of the technical aspects of these products. Don't let the low price fool you, these are incredible cables.

Reactions: CKKeung and gipe

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello Wcheng

I am very pleased to read your appreciation of these cables. I have the same conclusions and I have also been using them for 3 months on my system with unequalled quality.

I think you have read the first review on The soundadvocate website. It is very interesting and informative.

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2020/06/silversmith-audio-fidelium-speaker-cables-first-review/

It is true that one can only be disconcerted when one sees these cables in pictures. No banana endings or forks, a wide golden blade and an inconceivable price for the level of sound reproduction.

You just have to dare to acquire them, or rather as you say in English, think "out of the box", forget all that you have acquired as convictions in your common hobby and try.

Reactions: CKKeung

Testy Troll

Dec 29, 2015
Just ordered a hybrid version which uses 1 foot custom jumpers that wire across the tweeter and bass posts on the right and left channels (my speakers are bi-wireable). The two main 6 foot cables each connect to a special connection point at the midpoint of each jumper cable.
The designer believes this is superior to the standard method of bi-wiring speakers.
BTW, I can't see at all where tiny differences in capacitance and inductance between the two cables would be a problem.
I will separate each cable as much as possible. It will be fine....
I've heard Magnan Signature Speaker cables and they are KILLER.
The Fidelium shares common design characteristics except for the use of a proprietary metal.
I'll write a review when I get them.

Last edited:

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello,

I am pleased to read a new review on these cables that I discovered when they were launched last February.

New tests on specialized sites should be published soon.

Having upgraded my system this year, I will post an updated description in mid-September on the French forum where I am registered. I will particularly insist on the Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables which are remarkable.

I will share this post here and we will have the opportunity to compare our opinions.

Reactions: Narayan

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Just ordered the VYDA cables from italy lets see how they perform in my setup they are all silver very superior built just the speaker cable is 5 kgs these cables are highly recommend with vyger turntables

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Just ordered a hybrid version which uses 1 foot custom jumpers that wire across the tweeter and bass posts on the right and left channels (my speakers are bi-wireable). The two main 6 foot cables each connect to a special connection point at the midpoint of each jumper cable.
The designer believes this is superior to the standard method of bi-wiring speakers.
BTW, I can't see at all where tiny differences in capacitance and inductance between the two cables would be a problem.
I will separate each cable as much as possible. It will be fine....
I've heard Magnan Signature Speaker cables and they are KILLER.
The Fidelium shares common design characteristics except for the use of a proprietary metal.
I'll write a review when I get them.
Hi Testy Troll,
Thanks for your sharing

Is it feasible for you to post photos of this tailor-made jumper and the Fedelium sc connection to them?

Many thanks in advance!

Testy Troll

Dec 29, 2015
Hi Testy Troll,
Thanks for your sharing

Is it feasible for you to post photos of this tailor-made jumper and the Fedelium sc connection to them?

Many thanks in advance!

NOTE: This is a photo Jeff sent me of a prototype he made up. This is not the actual jumper I will receive shortly.
Fidelium  Jumper.jpg

Reactions: gipe and CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: gipe

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello,
Very interesting, I will contact him again soon when the final model is ready.

Testy Troll

Dec 29, 2015
Received the Fidelium speaker cables (and jumpers) a couple of days ago.
I'll need a week to let them settle in before I write a review.
As I suspected, having separate + & - runs have NO deleterious effects on the sound.
The design is not based on balancing resistance, capacitance and inductance.
These are not small signal cables.
And using the same material for the Bi-Wire jumper cable is essential.
If this concept is a "bad idea", please, let me have more of it.
BTW, the Fidelium cables are the best I've ever experienced in my system.
More to come....

Reactions: gipe and CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing