Speakers - High frequnecy

Dantheman

Jan 27, 2020
Hey,

What do you guys think? What kind of speaker could it be?

Nearly every day me and my neighbor tend to leave for work at roughly the same time. He tends to stay behind my car and is not close, however I have been starting to feel high frequencies coming from his car?? I cannot hear it but feel it. It only started after some minor fence dispute.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
Google Play store has an Ultrasound detector app. If you can record the sound you might be able to zoom in on the source. Ultra high frequency sound tends to be highly directional and relatively easy to block or absorb.

Last edited:

Dantheman

Jan 27, 2020
Thanks I did that today and it definitely picked up something, what do you think they are possibly using?

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
The only things I know of are ultrasonic cleaning machines and pest repellent devices.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ahem. These days there is not nearly as much shame attached to mental illness. Auditory hallucinations can be a symptom of. a serious problem. Seek immedote help from a mental health professional.

OTOH. Stalking is illegal in most places. And while it is inaudible. I am sure it can be electronically detected.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing