Spectral 110v used in 230v country

roundhead

Oct 31, 2018
I am considering flying to the US to buy and pick up some Spectral equipment. Will start with SDR-4000SV and later the preamp. When I return home, the voltage is twice that of the USA so will need a voltage conversion system. The reason for this endeavour are:
There are no Spectral dealers in the UK.
Euroepean dealers won’t sell to me except one and he has almost doubled the USA price. It would be massively cheaper to fly to the USA and bring them back to the UK myself.

Have any of you used such a converter when using foreign equipment with non-native voltaging?

Can you recommend some reliable and well engineered converters for the audiophile?

Thank you.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am very friend since 30 years with Italian Spectral distributor Audiograffiti
He is the only Italian distributor Spectral in Italy from when Spectral was born.
You can ask for special price,and also if is little more price you have guarantee and more simple to resale

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I don't think you will be easily able to buy new equipment from the US and bring it to Europe. You may have to provide a US address, and basically lie a lot. You may have better luck buying used.

roundhead

Oct 31, 2018
I don't think you will be easily able to buy new equipment from the US and bring it to Europe. You may have to provide a US address, and basically lie a lot. You may have better luck buying used.
I wasn’t intending to lie. A dealer in the USA is happy to sell a new one. It’s not breaking any rules for the dealer.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Good to hear

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
I am considering flying to the US to buy and pick up some Spectral equipment. Will start with SDR-4000SV and later the preamp. When I return home, the voltage is twice that of the USA so will need a voltage conversion system. The reason for this endeavour are:
There are no Spectral dealers in the UK.
Euroepean dealers won’t sell to me except one and he has almost doubled the USA price. It would be massively cheaper to fly to the USA and bring them back to the UK myself.

Have any of you used such a converter when using foreign equipment with non-native voltaging?

Can you recommend some reliable and well engineered converters for the audiophile?

Thank you.
Hi Brushwood,

Have a look at this older thread.
There you find the answer it must be possible change the wires inside :)

Greetz Hiempie

fish fingers

May 11, 2015
I fly back and forth from thailand to uk. Plenty of Spectral gear here. Thailand has same voltage as uk

Mr P

Apr 17, 2015
Fort Myers, Florida
I bought an Equi=Core 1800 240/120 balanced power transformer to power my 120V equipment in Thailand. It works flawlessay.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing