Spectral & Berkeley Audio

audiosessions

Dec 29, 2010
Chatsworth California
Those interested in upgrading from the Alpha Dac to the new Reference.
www.theaudiosalon.com/ has some available. Most dealers are backordered.
There is also a demo pair of the Spectral DMA-360 series 2 available along with a DMA-260
Just back from Spectral with a full check up.

I just thought I would pass this along for those interested.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks. Any feed on the Berkeley? My analog sounds so much better than the alpha DAC even with HDCD (have no hi res digital yet) that may or may not be worth an upgrade. We are talking staggering differences easily demonstrable with RR material. I am just not sure RBCD is worth any more of my money.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks. Any feed on the Berkeley? My analog sounds so much better than the alpha DAC even with HDCD (have no hi res digital yet) that may or may not be worth an upgrade. We are talking staggering differences easily demonstrable with RR material. I am just not sure RBCD is worth any more of my money.

are you running your BADA off a transport or server? I had the ser. 1 Alpha DAC/alpha USB playing mostly 44.1 files (and some native hi res) I thought it sounded wonderful, AFAIK it up samples everything to 192, so technically not native hires but you can say its close.

audiosessions

Dec 29, 2010
Chatsworth California
Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC RS - Impressions and Information

Here is a link from a review in process on the Berkeley Audio Reference Dac.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...nverter-rs-impressions-and-information-21153/

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
are you running your BADA off a transport or server? I had the ser. 1 Alpha DAC/alpha USB playing mostly 44.1 files (and some native hi res) I thought it sounded wonderful, AFAIK it up samples everything to 192, so technically not native hires but you can say its close.

Oh it sounds wonderful alright; it's just that my analog far outclasses it and by a very wide margin - at least when compared to RBCD/HDCD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing