Sperling turntable

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I found this unknown-to-me turntable quite interesting http://www.motordose.de/index.php/en/models/heavyweight-record-turntable
http://www.audioarts.co/sperling/index.html

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Universal armboards?

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
It's a killer TT. I would buy it over almost any TT save for my AF1. Hard to imagine a better table in the $30-$50k range

Agreed with u. Can custom made the type of wood u want. Ebony wood would have been exotic. The armboard is superb. 2 of my friends bought it . Sounded great & v quiet

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
I heard it at Audioarts and it's the most compelling sounding table I've ever experienced. Incredibly fast, super quiet and composed. Makes every table I've heard sound muddy and dated. Really sounds like nothing else out there. Audioarts was using it with a Swiss Audio Consulting phono stage and latest 47 Labs MC. I ordered it with one armboard but adding a second is always an option. I'll post pics once it's all set up. Sperling got best of show from Valin and Harley this past Munich show - if anybody cares about that sort of thing. Apparently it has a very loyal following in serious German analog circles and is considered the holy grail there....

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I heard it at Audioarts and it's the most compelling sounding table I've ever experienced. Incredibly fast, super quiet and composed. Makes every table I've heard sound muddy and dated. Really sounds like nothing else out there. Audioarts was using it with a Swiss Audio Consulting phono stage and latest 47 Labs MC. I ordered it with one armboard but adding a second is always an option. I'll post pics once it's all set up. Sperling got best of show from Valin and Harley this past Munich show - if anybody cares about that sort of thing. Apparently it has a very loyal following in serious German analog circles and is considered the holy grail there....

what's MSRP

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Steve's question was: What is THE MSRP of the turntable

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
That's the correct price. Apparently Sperling is coming out with its own tonearm next month with price tba. I'll be demoing it once it comes in.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I like the look of the table.

theophile

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
Sperlinghave two new models the L-2 is available now and the L-3 will be available soon.
Keith.

Hi,

the german " Analogue Audio Association" will have a little Audioshow this weekend.

Here you find the first photos from Friday.
http://www.analog-forum.de/wbboard/...r-vorfreudethread-bildershow-2014/?highlight=

In the second post you will find the Sperling L3. The two guys left to thw L3 are Ansgar Sperling and Michael Bönninghof. The creators of these tables.

The show starts in 5 hours.
Then you will see the complete Sperling turntable and many more, because no digital music will be allowed at the show.

BR
Andreas

Last edited:

theophile

theophile

theophile

Is that a Direct Drive?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing