Spikes on 803 D3

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
I am having an issue with the spikes on my new 803 D3. Can you please help? I cannot figure out how to expose the spikes on my 803 D3.

When I try to spin the three pronged locking nut, it does not move enough for spikes to reach the carpeted floor.

The manual says “insert the supplied metal bar into the hole at the end of one of the prongs and turn; releasing the locking nut ”, but I cannot figure out how to do this step. One of the prongs has a hole, I put the metal bar in this hole, but nothing happens when I try to turn it. And I have no leverage.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
The three-pronged locking nut is just that: a nut that locks the spike in position. To rotate the spike in/out, insert the supplied metal bar in to the hole(s) in the spike, itself. After the spike is in place, rotate the nut by hand to lock it in position.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
Thanks!

Anyone here with 803 D3 using any Integrated amps? Luxman L-509x is rated 120 WPC at 8 Ohms, and 200 wpc at 4 Ohms

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Thanks!

Anyone here with 803 D3 using any Integrated amps? Luxman L-509x is rated 120 WPC at 8 Ohms, and 200 wpc at 4 Ohms
Yes, a McIntosh MA9000--300wpc. I use the 4 ohm taps. A great combo!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing