Spinning Tapes at California Audio Show July 26-28, 2019

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'll be helping out my friend Tim Marutani and spinning tapes at his room at the CAS in Oakland (Airport Hilton Hotel) June 26-28. The room (Board Room 3) will feature Martin-Logan speakers, Doshi electronics, and Scott Rust (512 Engineering/Marutani) cables and power supply. The main signal source will be Tim's Ampex ATR-102 with Doshi tape prepro which I will be playing, and a Berkeley Reference 3 DAC for digital playback. The focus will be on tapes. We will have tapes from Tape Project, Ultra Analogue Tapes (Ed Pong) and International Phonograph Inc. (Jonathan Horwich) and some of my safety masters and other goodies. We will be doing mostly 1/2" tape. Should be lots of fun. As a special treat, at the end of Saturday, Reference Recordings' Keith Johnson will be joining us at 5PM for two hour Q/A and demo. Looking forward to seeing WBF members and friends.

Larry

Reactions: bazelio

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Hope to be there Saturday. We met briefly at BAAS years ago at Steve Williams, but I doubt you remember. You were demo'ing your vinyl recording technique at the time.
I would go Friday, too, but I don't want to struggle with traffic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing