Bora Bora

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tragically our flight to our vacation destination for our Sixth Anniversary appears to have crashed. We woke up in what seems to be actual Heaven.

Here there is only sky, sun, palm trees and glass-clear water. Everything is always perfect. It is just how people on Earth have dreamed and hypothesized for centuries about what Heaven might be like.

1F827051-8817-43A0-9617-E056610B4C43.jpeg

8E9F10AB-07A8-4A85-9BDB-705D4FC665A9.jpeg

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Beautiful, Ron. Congratulations to you and Tinka on your anniversary!

Enjoy your stay!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Wow! Congratulations! Bora Bora has always been my dream vacation, and we are looking to go next year

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you very much Al, Ack, Steve, Tim and Peter!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow! Congratulations! Bora Bora has always been my dream vacation, and we are looking to go next year

From Los Angeles it is surprisingly easy to get here. Air Tahiti flies directly from LAX eight hours to Tahiti (PPT). Even in Economy cabin Air Tahiti offers unlimited champagne and wine.

Then Air Tahiti flies 45 minutes Tahiti to Bora Bora (BOB).

The hotel meets you at the airport in Bora Bora, and takes your luggage and puts you and your luggage on their private boat and you go directly to the resort. The luggage shows up in your room.

The boat ride itself from the Bora Bora airport to the resort initiates the vacation.

F96037FC-E777-4FB0-80B4-3F31EB723F1E.jpeg

8455581E-1EBC-458F-B88A-46304C2C48BD.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
France took over the complex of Polynesian islands in the 1800s (a huge oversight by the United States), so there is a French vibe, and most of the service staff is French.

Apparently America occupied and fortified Bora Bora in World War II, but withdrew from the island after the war ended.

Reactions: ack

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
French Polynesia has been shut down because of the virus (there was a long shut-down starting last April, and a shorter one starting a couple of months ago), and the islands reopened only on May 1. As a result the hotels had deep discounts for the first couple of weeks in May, and the St. Regis here, covering three islands and 44 acres of paradise, is almost entirely empty. We are here with only about eight other couples in the entire place.

We feel very lucky that the unexpected and fortuitous emptiness of the St. Regis resort makes this a once-in-a-lifetime experience on top of the most amazing beach/ocean resort vacation we have ever experienced. There are four huge cabanas on the main beach area of the resort on a beautiful, warm sunny day, and three of them are empty. (We are occupying the fourth one.)

It feels incredibly luxurious and surreal to be in such a large resort when it is so empty. Tinka says "it feels like a giant private island."

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ah yes magnificent Bora Bora did frequent trips there in the late 70's early 80's

-anyway Ron savour the French flair and enjoy the islands:D

--the black pearl and black coral jewellery I presume are still abundant.

The only downside for Moi was the damn Mosquitos :mad:

Stay safe,

BruceD

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Bruce.

I'm not sure why -- maybe it is the time of year? -- but we haven't seen any mosquitoes.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
French Polynesia has been shut down because of the virus (there was a long shut-down starting last April, and a shorter one starting a couple of months ago), and the islands reopened only on May 1. As a result the hotels had deep discounts for the first couple of weeks in May, and the St. Regis here, covering three islands and 44 acres of paradise, is almost entirely empty. We are here with only about eight other couples in the entire place.

We feel very lucky that the unexpected and fortuitous emptiness of the St. Regis resort makes this a once-in-a-lifetime experience on top of the most amazing beach/ocean resort vacation we have ever experienced. There are four huge cabanas on the main beach area of the resort on a beautiful, warm sunny day, and three of them are empty. (We are occupying the fourth one.)

It feels incredibly luxurious and surreal to be in such a large resort when it is so empty. Tinka says "it feels like a giant private island."
Smart move , no waiting lines have fun ;).
I have to work in the UK next week it incl quarantine at the hotel :(

Last edited:

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Looks like a great resting place and the photos show things have matured since regional testing many decades ago.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Tragically our flight to our vacation destination for our Sixth Anniversary appears to have crashed. We woke up in what seems to be actual Heaven.

Here there is only sky, sun, palm trees and glass-clear water. Everything is always perfect. It is just how people on Earth have dreamed and hypothesized for centuries about what Heaven might be like.

View attachment 78112

View attachment 78116
Ron were you and Trinka involved in the crash? Your pictures are incredible. Congratulations. on your anniversary. I am glad you are botgh okay!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron were you and Trinka involved in the crash? Your pictures are incredible. Congratulations. on your anniversary. I am glad you are botgh okay!

No Russ, no crash. The first post was an allegory.

Reactions: Al M. and ack

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Congratulations!! Enjoy!!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I do not know how to swim at all. I cannot tread water; I cannot dog paddle. Somehow, despite my parents sending me to sleep-away camp so I would come back knowing how to swim, I never learned how to swim.

Tinka loves to scuba dive. Yesterday I went scuba diving for the first time!

760921F8-1C85-46A1-9087-F328E536E6D7.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing