Stage 3 Concept Power Cords

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Given the price of the Leviathan, I'd be very scared to try them. Do you find them best on amps or sources?

Unfortunately .... good all around ! About the issue of their weight , for higher shelves you can fashion a support and prevent droop . Not a deal breaker . The Vivaldi DAC would luv one am sure . I hope you have the plastic sheaths removed , they seem to have a detrimental effect if kept on .

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Amazing....Leviathan Power Cord
Retail: $14,500 1.5 meter, $4500 .5 meter add'l

Stage III Concepts

OMG, would someone please enlighten me as to what justifies such a ridiculous price tag ??

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Better? How much? In what way?

Better ... Yes
How much .... Very much
In what way ... Lower noise floor , more tonal density / resolution , ease of dynamics and transients due seemingly limitless headroom .

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
OMG, would someone please enlighten me as to what justifies such a ridiculous price tag ??

Dear Dave,

I thought about these insane prices a lot.

I think there is some good in these. We are in the hiend territory here.

It's not just hifi, in any product category, when you are beyond reasonable, practical specifications, list prices are determined not by cost but by customer's wealth and motive.

Capitalism accumulates too much wealth on few people and there are not enough products present to buy with all this wealth when every product is priced sensibly. So they increase the price of hiend products as much as the elite market bears. That's not a bad thing. It's good. It helps excessive wealth to be redistributed to masses. That's why great hifi companies like Wilson Audio and Transparent Audio etc. can keep doing what they do and stay in business, provide jobs. If every product in hifi was priced sensibly and costwise, nobody would try to push the envelope for the next thing.

I'm not judging, I am not filthy rich:cool: but I'm ok and I am part of the equation too. I am using a speaker cable that had a list price around 24K. I know as a product there is nothing, nothing that can justify this price. But 1) I could pay for it (on second hand:D) 2) my system plays better with it and 3) I feel just good owning it.

I sincerely think no one is fool or naive in this. The rich knows he/she is paying many times more than what the product is worth but does it anyway because he/she can. We will all die very soon so it's not a big deal if you have the means. The rest also enjoys the wealth transferred into the hobby as better performing budget products and stronger brands.

So, I can not buy these Stage 3 cords but I am happy that they exist and some people can buy them. It's good for everybody in this hobby.

Love and respect,

Cagdas.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Cagdas,

Thanks for the thoughtful reply which re-enforces the old saying, "more money than brains" !

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014

So simple, performance.

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
By the way i will try ansuz dtc vs stage3 leviathan. Before hearing ansuz dtc, leviathan was my favorite. I really wonder which is better. For now i have dtc power cords in my system with epic results. I did not tried leviathan in my system, but i tried kraken, dtc s are better then kraken all the way. So the question is can it kill the best.

number95

May 14, 2014
By the way i will try ansuz dtc vs stage3 leviathan. Before hearing ansuz dtc, leviathan was my favorite. I really wonder which is better. For now i have dtc power cords in my system with epic results. I did not tried leviathan in my system, but i tried kraken, dtc s are better then kraken all the way. So the question is can it kill the best.

Well, a 20k usd power cord (Ansuz DTC) should certainly bring more audible benefits than a Kraken. A more relevant question is, whether the improvements (in which areas) would justify the price tag.. Another relevant question is whether that one can kill the beast (Leviathan)? Who knows? Let us make a comparison and get the answers :)

Georgy

Dec 5, 2016
Hello, somebody had a comparison experience STAGE III vs Elrod Stat
I heard Elrod Stat Gold -gorgeous detail, the air of the hall and around each instrument, music flows, its very essence .... and hearing the opinion that Stage III has the same effekt but more expressive

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
I am a Stage III Concepts dealer and have most of their cables on display and available for demo in the greater Kansas City area. Let me know if I can help? They are incredible cables. It's hard to explain what they sound like. The best way I can describe them is they add power and balance to a system. You have to see these in person to understand the level of quality. Here is a list of what I have on display:

"Stage III Concepts Cables"

Power Cords: Leviathan, Kraken, Triton, Trydent, Aegir
Speaker Cables: Medusa, Typhon
Interconnects: Gorgon, Typhon

Pictures of actual display cables available on instagram "devaaudio78"
https://www.instagram.com/devaaudio78/?hl=en

www.devaaudio.com

Teaser:

4960EA28-CD16-4312-A548-076355DD59A2.jpg

-Deva

Last edited:

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Have any of you been waiting for special discounts on Stage III concepts cables... I have a large number of store demo cables that are available. Please contact me if you are ready to take the plunge! I will do everything I can to help you get these into your system!

https://www.devaaudio.com/demo-used-items

Best,
Deva

Medusa_004_2 (1).jpg
Gorgon_04_2.jpg

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019
Can anyone tell me about your experiences using Stage III Kraken power cord for power amp?

I would be grateful for the experience of comparing with Valhalla, Odin, SR Galileo, HFC... I'm thinking of upgrade Valhalla on my Classe monoblocks.

number95

May 14, 2014
It has been a while since I replaced the Kraken between mains and Shunyata Triton with the Leviathan which was a jaw dropping experience. After two Leviathans feeding Constellation Hercules II monos at the system, this has been the 3rd and will be certainly the last Leviathan. The performance improvements were more audible than upgrade of Krakens into Leviathans on power amps.

Gnostico

Mar 25, 2023
Looking for feedback on the Stage 3 power cords . Has anybody had the chance to audition these and form an opinion . Two sources whom I checked , had one thing to say in common to their presentation " Balanced " .
The Kraken remains the best power cable for my DAC, although I know it will set the bar high for the sound of any of my system components.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing