Stands for the LS50 Speakers

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
Hello,

after trying very heavy and rigid stands as suggested, I was not really satisfied with them.

On this boring weekend I tried two wooden stools from IKEA:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/306878162082037859/
I tilted them backwards a little bit, Using using Q-Dampers under the frontlegs.
That is much more what I like. Soundstage is much, much wider. The hight is still realistic. Much better bass response.

I listen in a isosceles triangle of 7 feet.

Just check it, possibly you like it too.

BR
Andreas

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
On the issue of stands, more generally. I have always favored wooden stands for the LS3/5A. The LS50 is a very different speaker in design, materials and sonics. Nevertheless, Allan Shaw is now (or soon will be selling) wooden stands for all his speakers. Actually, I am not sure if he is selling them. There's a small write-up in the show section of the most recent Stereophile.

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
HI,

you are right. These stands are tailored for each Harbeth model. They are manufactured by "Hifi auf dem Bauernhof" in Bavaria .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing