Star Trek Into Darkness - Official Teaser (HD)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hmmm. It seems more transformers than star trek. I am a fan of the new cast so hopefully it will be more than that kind of fake special effects.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It's almost as if Star Trek and Bond series are up to the same idea by re-inventing the series with a younger star that precedes all prior films made

i have to say, i really liked the most recent Trek movie...i thought the cast did a great job, and the action was fun. It did legitimately feel like a younger version of the original crew.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
didn't you feel the same with the ending of the last Bond film, Skyfall

He Steve...good to hear from you. i have not seen it yet...i tend to buy dvds 2nd hand off amazon and watch them...so probably wont see bond til sometime next yr. i'll try to remember this question and come back to you! ;)

if you wish to open a new thread...how is the new room going? very, very interested to see pics of the new setup!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He Steve...good to hear from you. i have not seen it yet...i tend to buy dvds 2nd hand off amazon and watch them...so probably wont see bond til sometime next yr. i'll try to remember this question and come back to you! ;)

if you wish to open a new thread...how is the new room going? very, very interested to see pics of the new setup!

No new thread yet.My plans have been completed by the architect and have been submitted for county approval. Once done I am hoping to have pics of the build out and what I am doing. Unfortunately it will be a smaller room than my last but speaking to both Wilson audio as well as the acoustician who is working with me I have been reassured that there will be no problem with putting the X-2's there. I am debating about twin Gotham subs vs 4 Fathom JL F113's with one in each corner. Stay tuned

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No new thread yet.My plans have been completed by the architect and have been submitted for county approval. Once done I am hoping to have pics of the build out and what I am doing. Unfortunately it will be a smaller room than my last but speaking to both Wilson audio as well as the acoustician who is working with me I have been reassured that there will be no problem with putting the X-2's there. I am debating about twin Gotham subs vs 4 Fathom JL F113's with one in each corner. Stay tuned

wow...that sounds stunning! i kinda think 4 f113s set up in a designed room could be sensational and you'd probably never ever feel anything other than 'perfect bass' where you walked in the room.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
New ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ pics hint at villain’s possible agenda … and identity

Official Trailer.....

By Bryan Enk | Movie Talk

First of all, yes, there is still a new "Star Trek" movie coming out this summer. We had almost forgotten about it with all the "Star Wars" stuff going on. (And with secretive director J.J. Abrams in the captain’s chair for both sci-fi epics, we’re scrounging for any scraps of information we can get.)
And yes, we're still not quite sure of the exact identity of the villain Benedict Cumberbatch is supposed to be playing in May's “Star Trek Into Darkness.” Actually, we were about to throw in the towel on trying to figure it out, even admitting to ourselves that maybe there's really nothing secret at all about who the bad guy is and maybe he's just indeed some dude named "John Harrison" ...
... and then the new Entertainment Weekly came out.
The cover of the February 15th issue of the magazine has been revealed, titled "Voyage Into the New 'Star Trek'" and featuring a shot of Cumberbatch and Chris Pine's Captain Kirk (well, one of the covers, anyway -- an alternate features Kirk and Zachary Quinto's Spock). Now, this may not be anything more than just a reference to a rumor that refuses to die, but the companion headline to the issue on EW's Back Issues store says "Voyage Into the New 'Star Trek' Kirk & Khan."

KHAAAAAAAANNN!!
Did EW give away a major secret, or was it a simple mistake (or was someone just sick of typing "Cumberbatch")? Whatever the case, we can't wait for May 17 (or even May 15, if you want to see it on IMAX), when all this maddening speculating can cease and we can concentrate on more "Star Wars" rumors.
What's actually more revealing than the Khan mention is one of the new pics from the film that features Cumberbatch (as Khan, or as John Harrison, or as Gary Mitchell, or as maybe even Sherlock Holmes at this point) surrounded by a bunch of Federation personnel in red uniforms. You know the whole thing about the "red shirts" on "Star Trek," right? Those who wear them usually die. Which means Cumberbatch is probably going to make short work of this whole lot in one way or another.
Actually ... was being taken into Federation custody a bullet point of his own agenda? Villains who get captured on purpose so they can blow stuff up (or something equivalently diabolical thereof) whilst inside the walls of their enemy stronghold are pretty popular in action movies these days. The Joker did it in "The Dark Knight." Bane did it in "The Dark Knight Rises." Silva did it in "Skyfall." There’s also the shot in “The Avengers” with Loki surrounded by rifle-toting armed guards that is remarkably similar to this photo.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
New ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ pics hint at villain’s possible agenda … and identity

Official Trailer.....

By Bryan Enk | Movie Talk

First of all, yes, there is still a new "Star Trek" movie coming out this summer. We had almost forgotten about it with all the "Star Wars" stuff going on. (And with secretive director J.J. Abrams in the captain’s chair for both sci-fi epics, we’re scrounging for any scraps of information we can get.)
And yes, we're still not quite sure of the exact identity of the villain Benedict Cumberbatch is supposed to be playing in May's “Star Trek Into Darkness.” Actually, we were about to throw in the towel on trying to figure it out, even admitting to ourselves that maybe there's really nothing secret at all about who the bad guy is and maybe he's just indeed some dude named "John Harrison" ...
... and then the new Entertainment Weekly came out.
The cover of the February 15th issue of the magazine has been revealed, titled "Voyage Into the New 'Star Trek'" and featuring a shot of Cumberbatch and Chris Pine's Captain Kirk (well, one of the covers, anyway -- an alternate features Kirk and Zachary Quinto's Spock). Now, this may not be anything more than just a reference to a rumor that refuses to die, but the companion headline to the issue on EW's Back Issues store says "Voyage Into the New 'Star Trek' Kirk & Khan."

KHAAAAAAAANNN!!
Did EW give away a major secret, or was it a simple mistake (or was someone just sick of typing "Cumberbatch")? Whatever the case, we can't wait for May 17 (or even May 15, if you want to see it on IMAX), when all this maddening speculating can cease and we can concentrate on more "Star Wars" rumors.
What's actually more revealing than the Khan mention is one of the new pics from the film that features Cumberbatch (as Khan, or as John Harrison, or as Gary Mitchell, or as maybe even Sherlock Holmes at this point) surrounded by a bunch of Federation personnel in red uniforms. You know the whole thing about the "red shirts" on "Star Trek," right? Those who wear them usually die. Which means Cumberbatch is probably going to make short work of this whole lot in one way or another.
Actually ... was being taken into Federation custody a bullet point of his own agenda? Villains who get captured on purpose so they can blow stuff up (or something equivalently diabolical thereof) whilst inside the walls of their enemy stronghold are pretty popular in action movies these days. The Joker did it in "The Dark Knight." Bane did it in "The Dark Knight Rises." Silva did it in "Skyfall." There’s also the shot in “The Avengers” with Loki surrounded by rifle-toting armed guards that is remarkably similar to this photo.

Well we know from previous episodes that these "supermen" wars almost destroyed Earth.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing