StreamFidelitys QSound Playlists

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
QSound is a surround sound system from the Canadian company Q-Sound Labs. The process was developed in the 1980s. This creates a 3D sound effect for stereo recordings. The listener has the impression that the music extends far beyond the base width of the loudspeakers and also plays above or behind the head.

With the playlists it is uncertain whether the tracks were actually created with QSound algorithms. However, for me the instrument separation and stage are absolutely great.

For Qobuz listeners: Click on "Listen to Qobuz" and play.

For Roon listeners with a Qobuz account: Click on "Listen to Qobuz" and then click on the heart (add favorites). Then the playlist also appears in Roon.

Have fun

Reactions: DeadWax

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Thanks for providing the playlist. I found some really great material that expands the soundstage!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have most of the below albums.........

Selected albums "mixed in QSound"[
Over 60 albums feature QSound processing. Some notable examples include:

The Immaculate Collection by Madonna (1990)
Power of Love by Luther Vandross (1991)
Prisoners in Paradise by Europe (1991)
The Soul Cages by Sting (1991)
Spellbound by Paula Abdul (1991)
Help Yourself by Julian Lennon (1991)
Parallels by Fates Warning (1991)
Amused to Death by Roger Waters (1992)
Whaler by Sophie B. Hawkins (1994)
A Live One by Phish (1995)
Pulse by Pink Floyd (1995)
Broken China by Rick Wright (1996)

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
I have most of the below albums.........

Selected albums "mixed in QSound"[
Over 60 albums feature QSound processing. Some notable examples include:

The Immaculate Collection by Madonna (1990)
Power of Love by Luther Vandross (1991)
Prisoners in Paradise by Europe (1991)
The Soul Cages by Sting (1991)
Spellbound by Paula Abdul (1991)
Help Yourself by Julian Lennon (1991)
Parallels by Fates Warning (1991)
Amused to Death by Roger Waters (1992)
Whaler by Sophie B. Hawkins (1994)
A Live One by Phish (1995)
Pulse by Pink Floyd (1995)
Broken China by Rick Wright (1996)
thanks Steve!

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
Thanks for sharing! If anyone else has a Qobuz playlist they'd like to share, please do...especially jazz-related. @StreamFidelity Hope I'm not hijacking the thread? Or perhaps others have shared playlists elsewhere?

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
Thanks for sharing! If anyone else has a Qobuz playlist they'd like to share, please do...
I think sharing is a good idea. The forum lives from this. To stay in context, I suggest present QSound albums here.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing